Tajikistan visa increased to 60 days

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Tajikistan visa increased to 60 days

Post by Christian77 »

The president just signed the decree: https://en.fergana.ru/news/115277/

I would welcome any reports on the newest e-visa applications. Are they still 45-days visas? Or are they showing 60 days? I would expect the 60-day period to be implemented soon, as it was a direct presidential decree. But there may be a delayed period while the e-visa people catch up...
2 x

lulo

Re: Tajikistan visa increased to 60 days

Post by lulo »

I applied in December for the E'-VISA + GBAO Permit, and i received 45 days maximum.
0 x
LULO :mrgreen:

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

Tajik government announced that the effective date is March 1st for the new visa policies:
Since March 1, 2020, by the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, the electronic visa portal of Tajikistan provides a multiple electronic visa for a period of 90 days and the right of 60 days of stay in the country for foreign citizens and stateless persons, who are entitled to obtain a visa of the Republic of Tajikistan in a simplified manner.
3 x

matt2matt2002

Post by matt2matt2002 »

Will it also be ,60 days for GBOA as well?
1 x
SIGNATURE
2014 Scottish End2End 1 month
2015 Pamir Highway Tajikistan & Kyrgyzstan for 2 months
2016 Sri Lanka for 1 month.
2017 Herbrides Lewis Harris 2 weeks
2018 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 2 weeks.
On a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.

Gone For A Drive.

Post by Gone For A Drive. »

I have not applied for the "new" visa myself but I am in the process of researching some info for a travel report that I am writing for an online magazine. And while doing so, I discovered that in the application form, it is now possible to select multiple entry (at least for a German citizenship). And it seems they have lowered the prices, too. When you apply you have now the options:
  • Single Entry, no GBAO permit - cost: 30$
  • Single Entry, with GBAO permit - cost: 50$
  • Multiple Entry, no GBAO permit - cost: 50$
  • Multiple Entry, with GBAO permit - cost: 70$
And in the FAQ section I found this:
Do I need to enter to GBAO on the exact date specified on my e-Visa?
Yes. You should enter to GBAO which is specified on your e-Visa.

On the first page of the application form there is no field for the entry date to the GBA region. Is there anyone who has done the complete application process (probably not, given the current situation). It would be nice to be able to give the latest info in my trip report.
0 x
Dagmar & Oliver
Driving the Silk Route - https://www.goneforadrive.com

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

They need to correct the FAQ section. You can enter GBAO on the day specified or any day after that (within the date range). Many people have entered after the date specified, especially cyclists who can't predict their dates exactly. Don't worry about it.
1 x

Gone For A Drive.

Post by Gone For A Drive. »

Christian77 wrote:They need to correct the FAQ section. You can enter GBAO on the day specified or any day after that (within the date range). Many people have entered after the date specified, especially cyclists who can't predict their dates exactly. Don't worry about it.
Thanks, Christian! Sorry, my post was not exactly clear. We visited Tajikistan and the Pamir region in 2019. As they have apparently now introduced a multiple entry visa, I was just wondering if this (an exact entry date to GBAO) was another change. On our visa there was only one single date which determines the visa starting date. Although we would love to go back rather sooner than later, it is unlikely to happen any time soon.
0 x
Dagmar & Oliver
Driving the Silk Route - https://www.goneforadrive.com

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

The GBAO exact entry date in the FAQ section has always been there, and it is always a source of confusion. It should be changed to "the first day on which you can enter, or any day after..." The last time I entered GBAO it was in a car with three people who all had different entry dates.
0 x

alex_w

"Single Entries" or "Multiple Entries" needed for Pamir?

Post by alex_w »

Hey guys, as I'm applying the first time for the Tajik Visa I was wondering if a "Single Entry Visa, including GBAO" is enough for a Round Trip in Tajikistan maybe entering the Pamir Area more than once. Why I got confused: Does the the Single Entry in the visa refers only to the number of entering to Tajikistan? Or is it than also only allowed to enter to Pamir Area once? As we might enter the Pamir area several time, this would be sad.
Thanks for your advice & all the best (in this special times)

Alex
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

You only need single entry. But it's also difficult to think of an itinerary that involves leaving and re-entering the GBAO region without also leaving and re-entering Tajikistan (side trips to Afghanistan are usually what implicates both).
0 x