Tajikistan goes visa-free in 2022

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
potschta

Re: Tajikistan goes visa-free in 2022

Post by potschta »

Nazrulo wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:57 am
I am a local from the Pamirs and at the moment living in Khorog.
The situation with the recent event in Khorog is slowly getting back to normal. Starting from the Nawruz holiday (spring equinox March 21st) internet is back to the GBAO. At the moment there is no restrictions for foreigners travelling to GBAO but one would still need a GBAO permit obtained from the OVIR office in Dushanbe (despite the visa free entry announced for 52 countries citizens earlier this year). In addition, if your stay in Tajikistan exceeds 10 days you have to register yourself with the OVIR office.
You would also need a PCR test before boarding your flight if you are coming via Istanbul. (The PCR test requirement may be removed later but at the moment it is among one of the requirements to enter the country)

P.S. We are a service provider from the Pamirs (Bartang and Sarez Tour http://bartang-sarez-tour.com/). We offer various travel related services in Tajikistan and the Pamirs including English-speaking drivers and 4WD. You can contact us at [email protected]. (+992 935346054 WhatsApp and Viber)
Thanks for all the information. Do you know the opening hours auf OVIR office in Dushanbe? I read 8am-5pm. But is it every day open, also on saturday and sunday? Can I do the registration on myself in the OVIR office? I heard it can only be done by a hotel?
0 x

gabisk

Post by gabisk »

richapps wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:13 pm
gabisk wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:26 am
Hello and thank you for your feedback. And did you have 30 days? Possible to extend? And you had to go register somewhere or no need ? And again, not possible to have GBAO permit at land border ?

Thank you a lot
Yes I was staying less than 30 days. I don't know about GBAO. As for registration, yes it was a hassle. I first went to Khudjand but because I was staying in Buston they told me to go there instead. And then from their office, they make you cross the street to another place to pay for it, then come back. You need passport photos, so that's another trip. Overall it's just too much of a hassle, even if I was with family that spoke Tajik, to be worth the $30 savings compared to getting an e-Visa so I would probably do that next time.
Thanks you so much man. So if I understand you have to do it just one time, but in the first city that you cross on arrival ? And how much did you pay ? And you know if it's possible to extend ? One month is short. You know if you can Go out and re-enter as you wish?And for the protocol, I'm used to it, extending a visa in Iran, these are the 12 labors of Asterix.

For the evisa yes it's look be nice to have 45 days Instead of 30. But it's 50 euro against free. And many people seem to be waiting for a long week and still have nothing
0 x

onemap2bags

Post by onemap2bags »

onemap2bags wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:16 am
Nazrulo wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:52 am
onemap2bags wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:24 am

Hello,
We are sorry to ask you some questions but you are a local so you probably have a contact there who can help us.
We are 2 french travelers and we applied one month ago in order to have a e-visa (we asked the GBAO permit and we asked the e-visa because we want to be free to stay more than one month in Tajikistan).
But the status of our visa is "validation in process" since more than 3 weeks. Of course, we paid the 71 dollars each. I sent an email to the embassy, they just said that we should wait. But we would like to enter next week and we cannot wait undefinitly in Uzbekistan.
Do you know someone who could help us by anychance ? Someone who works in the visa section?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

Hello again. Please note that in this part of the world finding a "contact" means paying extra money to "speed up" the process. It is not difficult to find a contact but we personally do not recommend you and all other tourists to use this "kind of service" and feed the "illegal channel" as this will makes the future process more complicate for others. What we recommend is to visit the nearest embassy in person and tell them about your issue. In addition, you can contact [email protected]; [email protected]

Hello,

We absolutly didn't think about paying extra money for a visa we already paid. We just ask for a contact at the ambassy who can do his job... And we will not pay for that.

Just for info, after many emails and calls, we just received our e-visa! 32 days after the date we applied.
1 x

Nazrulo

Post by Nazrulo »

onemap2bags wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:07 am
onemap2bags wrote:
Nazrulo wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:52 am

Hello,

We absolutly didn't think about paying extra money for a visa we already paid. We just ask for a contact at the ambassy who can do his job... And we will not pay for that.

Just for info, after many emails and calls, we just received our e-visa! 32 days after the date we applied.
Congratulations!
We are happy for you! Enjoy your trip!

Cheers
Nazrulo
0 x

onemap2bags

Post by onemap2bags »

Nazrulo wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:37 am
onemap2bags wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:07 am
onemap2bags wrote:

Congratulations!
We are happy for you! Enjoy your trip!

Cheers
Nazrulo
For the other travelers who are waiting for their tadjik evisa, I advise to contact the tadjik embassy in your own country. It is the tadjik embassy in France who helped us. They called Dushambe and in 1 day, everything was done.
1 x

Marko52

Post by Marko52 »

I crossed the border from Termiz to Ayvanj at the Gulbahor post at around 1100 on 12 April. The process generally was pretty easy on the Uzbek side, and no real problem on the Tajik side - EXCEPT. No-one there believed that an Australian (or presumably, any national of the other 50 visa-free countries) could come-in Visa-free. The senior officer present insisted on phoning someone or other in Dushanbe, and the whole business seems to be going down a bureaucratic rabbit hole. Fortunately I was able to call an experienced tour director in Dushanbe, and he and his local guide, who was meeting me, gave the
Border guard a good talking to, which seemed to do the trick. But it goes to show that the “left hand” of officials in the outstations has little idea of what the right hand in Dushanbe is doing. If I had not had an easily contactable helping hand in Tajikistan, I’m not sure how long it might have taken to penetrate the curtain.
1 x

tymeq1

Post by tymeq1 »

Since the beginning of this year citizens of my country are able to enter Tajikistan without visa. I need to get GBAO permit, the FAQ page on e-visa website is telling me the price for its 20USD. The e-visa form is calculating me price 50USD (probably 20USD for GBAO + 30USD for long time visa). Can I get just this GBAO permit for 20USD? I don't need long term visa and I will travel from Kyrgyz side so it's not possible to get permit in Dushanbe or Khujand.

Is tour operator help (point 4 on https://caravanistan.com/visa/tajikistan/gbao-permit/) the only solution in my case?
0 x

Callmeishmael

Post by Callmeishmael »

I applied for the visa and GBAO permit online (not realizing US citizens are visa free now), but have been waiting for several weeks now with the application status at "Validation in Progress," and the case as having been "Assessed" according to the online portal. Has anyone else been in this situation?
0 x

Nicolas_Arg

Post by Nicolas_Arg »

Question: Argentine passport, do you need a visa to travel for 8 days?
I have read many internet pages and they contradict each other, that's why I ask the question here. Excuse me. Thank you very much.
0 x

Nazrulo

Post by Nazrulo »

Hello
If you are from Argentina you don't need a visa to travel to Tajikistan. Starting from Jan 1st 2022, Argentina is among the countries whose citizen are eligible for visa free travel to Tajikistan for 30days.
http://asiaplustj.info/ru/news/tajikist ... n-52-stran
0 x