Tajikistan goes visa-free in 2022

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
couchpotato

Re: Tajikistan goes visa-free in 2022

Post by couchpotato »

maxg wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:55 am
So just to be clear: are they not offering any GBAO permits at the moment or is there simply no information?
I can't contact my friends in Khorog. So I don't have solid information. What I know for sure. Although there are always multiple military check points alongs the Pamirs Highway and Wakhan corrider. Now the military present is much heavier. Vehicles going in and out of GBAO, especially Khorog, are searched. Even locals very often are not allowed enter or leave the region. Internet service to GBAO has not been restored.
3 x

interrailer

Post by interrailer »

Christian77 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:41 am
Some German kids tested out the visa free system three days after it was enacted. "It was actually kinda difficult" + the usual predictable things (someone wanted money at the airport for a visa, but they apparently stood their ground): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyu1zkU ... ferdmenges
Omg, really awkward video(s). Content from kids for kids. The target of this guys seem to be 12 y.o. kids :lol:
Flying from Uzbekistan to Tajikistan (ok, border might be closed?), flying from Azerbaijan to Iran. "Real" travelers :roll:
0 x

Nazrulo

Post by Nazrulo »

I am a local from the Pamirs and at the moment living in Khorog.
The situation with the recent event in Khorog is slowly getting back to normal. Starting from the Nawruz holiday (spring equinox March 21st) internet is back to the GBAO. At the moment there is no restrictions for foreigners travelling to GBAO but one would still need a GBAO permit obtained from the OVIR office in Dushanbe (despite the visa free entry announced for 52 countries citizens earlier this year). In addition, if your stay in Tajikistan exceeds 10 days you have to register yourself with the OVIR office.
You would also need a PCR test before boarding your flight if you are coming via Istanbul. (The PCR test requirement may be removed later but at the moment it is among one of the requirements to enter the country)
6 x

gabisk

Post by gabisk »

Nazrulo wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:57 am
The situation with the recent event in Khorog is slowly getting back to normal. Starting from the Nawruz holiday (spring equinox March 21st) internet is back to the GBAO. At the moment there is no restrictions for foreigners travelling to GBAO but one would still need a GBAO permit obtained from the OVIR office in Dushanbe (despite the visa free entry announced for 52 countries citizens earlier this year). In addition, if your stay in Tajikistan exceeds 10 days you have to register yourself with the OVIR office.
You would also need a PCR test before boarding your flight if you are coming via Istanbul. (The PCR test requirement may be removed later but at the moment it is among one of the requirements to enter the country)

P.S. We are a service provider from the Pamirs (Bartang and Sarez Tour http://bartang-sarez-tour.com/). We offer various travel related services in Tajikistan and the Pamirs including English-speaking drivers and 4WD. You can contact us at [email protected]. (+992 935346054 WhatsApp and Viber)

Thank you a lot for the all the tips. Do you know if we can have a GBAO permit in a tadjik embassy ? And if the land borders Kirghizistan - Tadjikistan are still close ?
0 x

Nazrulo

Post by Nazrulo »

gabisk wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:47 pm
Nazrulo wrote:

Thank you a lot for the all the tips. Do you know if we can have a GBAO permit in a tadjik embassy ? And if the land borders Kirghizistan - Tadjikistan are still close ?
Hello again
Not really sure if you will be able to get a GBAO permit in an embassy but the Kyrgyz-Tajik border still remains closed. The GBAO permit at the Dushanbe OVIR cost is 180 TJS (1USD rate at this moment is fluctuate between 12,50-13TJS
0 x

gabisk

Post by gabisk »

Nazrulo wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:13 am
gabisk wrote:
Nazrulo wrote:

P.S. We are a service provider from the Pamirs (Bartang and Sarez Tour http://bartang-sarez-tour.com/). We offer various travel related services in Tajikistan and the Pamirs including English-speaking drivers and 4WD. You can contact us at [email protected]. (+992 935346054 WhatsApp and Viber)

Hello again
Not really sure if you will be able to get a GBAO permit in an embassy but the Kyrgyz-Tajik border still remains closed. The GBAO permit at the Dushanbe OVIR cost is 180 TJS (1USD rate at this moment is fluctuate between 12,50-13TJS

Thanks you again. I'm sorry to ask you few question again, but you seem to know lot of thing about that. Since few hours I do my research and it's not easy.
I'm french, I will travel by bicycle, so by land border, arrive from Ouzbékistan because with Kirghizistan is still close, and I think understood that the free visa doesn't work by land border ? I need to ask a evisa before to cross the land border ? Right or not ?
0 x

obi-one

Post by obi-one »

Hi! I didn't know situation in GBAO. So at the moment is not possible travel all over the Pamir Highway?
0 x

Nazrulo

Post by Nazrulo »

gabisk wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:06 pm
Nazrulo wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:13 am
gabisk wrote:

Hello again

Thanks you again. I'm sorry to ask you few question again, but you seem to know lot of thing about that. Since few hours I do my research and it's not easy.
I'm french, I will travel by bicycle, so by land border, arrive from Ouzbékistan because with Kirghizistan is still close, and I think understood that the free visa doesn't work by land border ? I need to ask a evisa before to cross the land border ? Right or not ?

[No issues at all, you can ask as many questions as you would like to ask. As long as you are eligible for a visa free travel to Tajikistan, it doesn't matter what is your entry point. You can enter from any official check point including land borders between Taj-Uzbekistan]
0 x

Nazrulo

Post by Nazrulo »

obi-one wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:00 pm
Hi! I didn't know situation in GBAO. So at the moment is not possible travel all over the Pamir Highway?
Hello there. It is possible to travel to GBAO now. Situation is back to normal and internet has been restored on 21st of March.
But Tajikitan-Kyrgizstan borders still remains closed. The same is with Tajik-China and Tajik -Afghan border.
1 x

obi-one

Post by obi-one »

Ok, thank you. So is possible travel only the Tajik side of M41 and Wakhan corridor and come back to Dushanbe.
1 x