Post by momo-ende »

hehe ok. thank you! :)
0 x

Kasia

Re: Cycling Pamir Highway - August/September 2022

Post by Kasia »

SalSalFR wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:49 pm
I guess you need to find a good weather windows to do the first 2 or 3 days, where it seems to have less villages and its more remote.
You should ask the locals - either at the guesthouses once you hit the road, or you can contact local tour agencies (e.g. Nazrulo from
Bartang & Sarez Tour, very active here in the forum, or PamirEcotourism, based in Barchidif village). I learned that the Bartangis are very well connected (even the ones not living in the Pamir) and have the best info on road conditions, weather, water level in the river etc.
4 x

SalSalFR

Post by SalSalFR »

Kasia wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:00 pm
SalSalFR wrote:
I guess you need to find a good weather windows to do the first 2 or 3 days, where it seems to have less villages and its more remote.
You should ask the locals - either at the guesthouses once you hit the road, or you can contact local tour agencies (e.g. Nazrulo from
Bartang & Sarez Tour, very active here in the forum, or PamirEcotourism, based in Barchidif village). I learned that the Bartangis are very well connected (even the ones not living in the Pamir) and have the best info on road conditions, weather, water level in the river etc.
That's good to know ! i don't know if i will remember that when I will be in Tajikistan, but well; i think i will just ask the people around when in the country!
Cheers
0 x

StephParis

Post by StephParis »

Some good news to come on the KG/TJ border issue ?

According to https://www.rferl.org/a/kyrgyzstan-taji ... 92365.html :

"Kyrgyz President Sadyr Japarov said in November -- without providing many details -- that he expects all border delimitations with Tajikistan to be completed by May.

Although many think it unlikely the May deadline will be met, both Kyrgyz and Tajik officials have reported "progress" and are seemingly optimistic about the ongoing efforts to finalize mutually acceptable demarcation lines.

Officials also expect all border crossings between Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan to reopen soon after being unilaterally shut down by Bishkek in late April 2021."

It could lead to the reopening of the Pamir Highway.
1 x

Nazrulo

Post by Nazrulo »

SalSalFR wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:03 pm
Kasia wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:00 pm
SalSalFR wrote:
That's good to know ! i don't know if i will remember that when I will be in Tajikistan, but well; i think i will just ask the people around when in the country!
Cheers
Hello there
Usually, summer is the driest season in the Pamirs and there won't be rain (in most cases) to result in flooding but the level of the river often rises when the hot weather (normally starts between the end of June or beginning of July and continues until the end of July and at times beginning of August depending on the weather) accelerate the melting of the glaciers up in the mountains and makes few of the small rivers without bridges in the Upper Bartang difficult to cross(between the last village of Ghudara and the Kok Jaar Pass 3900m). Sometimes the flooding also washes away part of the road in the lower Bartang and it gets closed temporary although it remains accessible for cyclists to cross through. So it is recommended to cross the small rivers early in the morning by camping near them.

Hope this helps
P.S. You can always contact us for updated information regarding the road conditions, border crossing etc. across the Pamirs and particularly about the Bartang valley and we (being originally from the Bartang valley) would be happy to provide you with the up to date information as we normally do it on a voluntary basis and have already assisted many other cyclists in the past.
Best regards
Nazrulo
3 x

SalSalFR

Post by SalSalFR »

Thank you Nazrulo !
I will keep an eye and you when i will be around Tajikistan ! Are you doing any updates on a website/group (in english) where everyone could use it ? ( Just so we are not many people bothering you everyday for the same questions ? )
Thank you for all the infos by the way!
0 x

Nazrulo

Post by Nazrulo »

SalSalFR wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:26 pm
Thank you Nazrulo !
I will keep an eye and you when i will be around Tajikistan ! Are you doing any updates on a website/group (in english) where everyone could use it ? ( Just so we are not many people bothering you everyday for the same questions ? )
Thank you for all the infos by the way!
Hi SalSalFR

I usually post the info/updates here in this platform.

best
Nazrulo
1 x

SalSalFR

Post by SalSalFR »

StephParis wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:55 pm
Some good news to come on the KG/TJ border issue ?

According to https://www.rferl.org/a/kyrgyzstan-taji ... 92365.html :

"Kyrgyz President Sadyr Japarov said in November -- without providing many details -- that he expects all border delimitations with Tajikistan to be completed by May.

Although many think it unlikely the May deadline will be met, both Kyrgyz and Tajik officials have reported "progress" and are seemingly optimistic about the ongoing efforts to finalize mutually acceptable demarcation lines.

Officials also expect all border crossings between Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan to reopen soon after being unilaterally shut down by Bishkek in late April 2021."

It could lead to the reopening of the Pamir Highway.
Any news about that ? it would be awesome if they can reopen for May, as i am coming in July ahah :D
0 x