All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
thijsbroekkamp

Re: GBAO/Pamirs are now closed to travelers

Post by thijsbroekkamp »

danto1 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:44 am
thijsbroekkamp wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:58 am
Something else to note, since the situation across the river changed with the taliban takeover, it is no longer allowed to walk along the border (meaning standing/walking n ho ext to the river) and taking pictures of the border from there.
so you are just allowed to be on the road? how about cyclists taking a break?
thank you!
Yeah I guess that would be fine, it is more like if you wander off deliberately towards the river and start taking pictures and stuff that the Tajik military will likely come tell you off. Apparently recently they had caught a taliban spy on this side of the river passing on border information.
A friend of us asked at one of the military posts and then a soldier kindly went with us to walk there, although they said it was unusual to answer such a request.
1 x

Edenfa

Post by Edenfa »

Hey, I see there is no option to get the GABO permit online
If I do the process in Dushanbe OVIR, how long does it take? I will arrive on Sunday, from my knowledge the over is closed on Sundays (correct me if I'm wrong

just want to know if its something that can take more than 1-2 days.
0 x

couchpotato

Post by couchpotato »

Edenfa wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:22 pm
Hey, I see there is no option to get the GABO permit online
If I do the process in Dushanbe OVIR, how long does it take? I will arrive on Sunday, from my knowledge the over is closed on Sundays (correct me if I'm wrong

just want to know if its something that can take more than 1-2 days.
Should be the same day or next day in normal circumstances.
0 x

thijsbroekkamp

Post by thijsbroekkamp »

Mine took 10 min.
0 x

Ilse

Post by Ilse »

How many days is the gbao Permit for? And is it possible to extend the Permit in Khorog?
0 x

Nazrulo

Post by Nazrulo »

Some updates on the recent situation in the GBAO.
Internet is back and life is slowly getting back to normal. Visitors/Tourists are allowed to enter the Pamirs area and GBAO permit is given without any issues.
-Border between Tajikistan-Kyrgyzstan still remains closed.
-USD rate is dropping sharply and as of today the rate is (1USD=9.60 compare to one month ago which was equal to 13TJS for 1 USD
-All major commodities prices are increasing sharply as elsewhere including fuel cost which affects travel price

best
Nazrulo
1 x

trikolka

Post by trikolka »

Nazrulo wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:50 am
We are a local service provider from the Pamirs (Bartang and Sarez Tour http://bartang-sarez-tour.com/)
what about Sarez permit : is it more difficult to get that GBAO pemit ? How many weeks (or days or month...) ahead should we apply ? Should we first get the visa + GBAO permit , and then Sarez permit ?
0 x
http://blog.zamir.fr : Siberia, Caucasus, Kazakhstan
http://blog.khushomaded.fr : cycling Silk Road from Iran to Kyrgyzstan

Nazrulo

Post by Nazrulo »

trikolka wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:20 pm
Nazrulo wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:50 am
We are a local service provider from the Pamirs (Bartang and Sarez Tour http://bartang-sarez-tour.com/)
what about Sarez permit : is it more difficult to get that GBAO pemit ? How many weeks (or days or month...) ahead should we apply ? Should we first get the visa + GBAO permit , and then Sarez permit ?
Hello there
The Sarez Permit is only arranged through a travel agency as one has to be accompanied in the Sarez Lake area with a local licensed travel agents. Foreigners are not allowed to travel in the Sarez area zone on their own. The cost for the permit is 225TJS per day/person (this is just the original cost and doesn't include any service or travel agents commission). At the moment 1USD =9.60 and subject to a further sharp decline which is never heard before.
Last edited by Nazrulo on Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
2 x

yak

Post by yak »

Hi everybody

We would like to cycle the Pamir highway in August 2022. As the boarder to Kyrgyzstand remains closed, we think about riding a roundtrip and cycle back trough the Bartang valley. If the GBAO permit is issued only 10 days, it will not be possible - that's not enough time. Does anyone have information if the GBAO permit is only given with 10 days? Or maybe 30 days again in August?

Thank you for giving advixes..
0 x

Nazrulo

Post by Nazrulo »

yak wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:14 am
Hi everybody

We would like to cycle the Pamir highway in August 2022. As the boarder to Kyrgyzstand remains closed, we think about riding a roundtrip and cycle back trough the Bartang valley. If the GBAO permit is issued only 10 days, it will not be possible - that's not enough time. Does anyone have information if the GBAO permit is only given with 10 days? Or maybe 30 days again in August?

Thank you for giving advixes..
Hello there
The permit is given for one month. We obtained few for our clients 2 days ago which is valid for one month.

best
Nazrulo
1 x