Voru - Fann Mountains

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
tomnz

Voru - Fann Mountains

Post by tomnz »

Going to do a trek around the Fann Mountains in September and after much looking think that
Artuch - Alauddin - Chimtarga Pass - Bolshoi Alo would be the best. From here you end up just south of Gazza/Voru.

I see there's a homestay in Gazza https://ztda-tourism.tj/en/home-stays/

Voru seems appealing, though I can't find much information on it.
The road goes all the way to Voru so I was thinking of walking there and organising a ride back to Shishkat/Punjakent.

Has anyone been there before or have any information?

Thanks
Last edited by tomnz on Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

willemspie

Re: Voru - Fann Mountains

Post by willemspie »

I ended my trek in Zimtud. I'm sure Zimtud has an homestay, and a shop and I got a lift to the main road there.
0 x

cjs

Post by cjs »

Yes, Zimtud has a homestay, and you can get a ride to Panjakent from there, I believe everyday. I stayed at the Zimtud homestay about two weeks ago and it was 150 som per night. If you have time to spare, I recommend continuing to Haft Kul from Bolshoi Alo by hiking over the Munora and Tavasang passes.
1 x

tomnz

Post by tomnz »

Zimtud/Gazza both have homestays so i guess i'll just walk into Voru for a look and continue on.
Thanks all.
0 x

cat_hag

Post by cat_hag »

I recommend the homestay in Ghazza. I don’t think you need to go right up to Zimtud, if you are coming down from Bolshoi Allo, it’s just walking along a jeep track so you might get a bit bored of that. But anywhere along that valley road you should find someone to give you a lift to Penjikent if you wait by the road looking hopeful.

I agree with CJS that a cool alternative, if you have a couple more days, is to go over Tavasang and down to Panjrud or Shing. You can get a ride to Penjikent from either.
1 x