No Dushanbe accommodation available

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

No Dushanbe accommodation available

Post by Christian77 »

Dushanbe is now 100% full. There are no rooms in any hotel, hostel or guesthouse. They are full with Russian men who just arrived to avoid being conscripted into the Russian army and sent to war.

They will eventually find apartment rentals and leave their hotel rooms, but some may stay long term in the hostels.

If you are on your way to Dushanbe, or you know someone on their way, reconsider your travel.

Prices are jumping, and the last two places available on AirBnB want $350 and $650 per night.

A quick check says that Samarkand still has plenty of beds.
1 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Re: No Dushanbe accommodation available

Post by Christian77 »

If you are desperate, and willing to sleep on a deck under a roof, then the Green House Hostel in Dushanbe will find space for you. This is more for you type that are used to sleeping on the ground. That's me also, but I realize that won't work for many other travelers. But desperate times require desperate measures...
0 x

Kalpazan

Post by Kalpazan »

I read on Internet, many of them are planning to stay only for few days planing their next move to another country.
0 x

Bakhtiyark

Post by Bakhtiyark »

Well as a last resort accomodation one can stay in the mosque.
It's a custom to let people in even if they are not Muslim.
But usually mullah there will call someone who will host you at his place.
0 x

Rufio

Post by Rufio »

This is the same everywhere I imagine. I struggled to find ANY accommodation is Osh, Kyrgyzstan full stop, nada. In Bishkek all the affordable accommodation has been wiped out, only female dorm rooms available for hostels. From the news it looks like Georgia and Kazakhzstan have had huge Russian influx too so they will be wiped out of accomodation for sure.

It sounds selfish and insensitive to their dire plight i can't begin to comprehend being effectively a refugee with no home, job and money going down day by day and a family back home hoping you will find something, but alas us travelers are finding it harder now to find affordable accommodation, or accommodation at all, and prices are going up BIG TIME. I was staying in a hostel for £6/night, then the Russians came, accommodation wiped out and that same hostel is charging £19/night for a hostel bed in a shared dorm, in Kyrgyzstan!

I think it will also test the limits of the locals tolerances for rising prices and unscrupulous landlords replacing local tenants in favor of Russians who will likely pay more.
1 x

couchpotato

Post by couchpotato »

I got lucky. I contacted GreenHouse in Dushanbe on 29th Sep. Still can find a twin-bed room and two dorm beds, without jacked up price. $25 for the room and $6 for the dorm bed.
1 x

Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Accommodation is fine now. Lots of accommodation in all countries, no issues, I had problems at the end of September in the region as that's when everyone left. No idea where they went.
0 x

Devron

Post by Devron »

Same here, no problem. Was pretty busy and still a lot of (permenent) russians in the dorms but eneough availability
0 x