7 days free in Tajikistan

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
JoeF

7 days free in Tajikistan

Post by JoeF »

I was planning on traveling from Dushanbe via Khorog and Murghab to Osh but with the border being shut this does not look possible. As such I now have 7 days free in Tajikistan departing Dushanbe on the 18th of June and hopefully ending in Khujand on the 25th to cross via Uzbekistan into Kyrgyzstan. What would a good itinerary be? I will be traveling on public transport and whilst I'm a keen hiker I wont have camping gear so no multiday hikes.
0 x

willemspie

Re: 7 days free in Tajikistan

Post by willemspie »

It is too short to go to the Pamirs.
Concentrate on the Fann mountains.
0 x

JoeF

Post by JoeF »

willemspie wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 12:05 pm
It is too short to go to the Pamirs.
Concentrate on the Fann mountains.
Any suggestions on where to go/stay in the Fann? Most the guides I've read are for multi day treks which I wont be doing.
0 x

willemspie

Post by willemspie »

You can first go to Iskenderkul Sarytag for 2 nights, then go to Artuch (possibly the mountain hut) for 2 more nights.
0 x

JoeF

Post by JoeF »

willemspie wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 3:17 pm
You can first go to Iskenderkul Sarytag for 2 nights, then go to Artuch (possibly the mountain hut) for 2 more nights.
Thanks for the suggestions. Is there another place on the way up to Khujand that would be worth stopping at for a night or two?
0 x

Lutnistas1969

Post by Lutnistas1969 »

Istaravshan with Abdullatif Sultan Madrasa ( Kök Gumbaz ) and some other nice places.
I don't know what you like, but about 4-5 km before the town, there is a water dam on which stands a 25-meter high bust of Lenin.
But you don't need to stay there two nights.
1 x

JoeF

Post by JoeF »

willemspie wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 3:17 pm
what is the best way to get to Artuch from Sarytag? The Artuch hotel quoted an enormous price for the transfer even if only using their taxi for the last leg.
0 x

willemspie

Post by willemspie »

Your homestay in Sarytag can certainly arrange your transport to Sarvoda. Taxis in Sarvoda will take you to Pendjikent or you can try (fee) hitch hiking. There is some public transport from Pendjikent to Artuch.
1 x

JoeF

Post by JoeF »

willemspie wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:14 pm
Your homestay in Sarytag can certainly arrange your transport to Sarvoda. Taxis in Sarvoda will take you to Pendjikent or you can try (fee) hitch hiking. There is some public transport from Pendjikent to Artuch.
How long should the journey from Pendjikent to Artuch take? and how much should I expect to pay?
0 x