Gifts for people

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
tapacharya

Gifts for people

Post by tapacharya »

I know these days everything is available everywhere, but I'm wondering if people have insights into what small gifts people in Tajikistan would appreciate? To make it simple, I have 2 demographic targets in mind: (1) well-to-do acquaintances in Dushanbe that I will be meeting, (2) and random people or guides in small towns and villages who may offer me help along the way.
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Re: Gifts for people

Post by Christian77 »

In villages I give people flag patches (the type and size people used to stick on backpacks). Those are light, easy to pack and can be bought in bulk online. You could also give sports souvenirs from wherever you are from (the lesser known the team/club, the better). Or any sort of cheesy souvenirs (e.g., if you’re French - a mini Eiffel Tower). You could even get some type of specialized souvenir. I brought forest ranger uniform shoulder patches to give to any rangers I met.
1 x

tapacharya

Re: Gifts for people

Post by tapacharya »

Christian77 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:21 pm
In villages I give people flag patches (the type and size people used to stick on backpacks). Those are light, easy to pack and can be bought in bulk online. You could also give sports souvenirs from wherever you are from (the lesser known the team/club, the better). Or any sort of cheesy souvenirs (e.g., if you’re French - a mini Eiffel Tower). You could even get some type of specialized souvenir. I brought forest ranger uniform shoulder patches to give to any rangers I met.
Thank you! These are very good ideas.
0 x