From Almaty ---> Dushanbe ?

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
Lagerfeld

Post by Lagerfeld »

Hello, everybody, once again I want to ask you something:

In 3 weeks I'll come from Europe to Almaty and after few weeks I want to go to Dushanbe, TZ.
But I don't know how to go? Is there a bus or a train or a plane?

I found plane tickets from Almaty to Dushanbe return for about 250 € - is this o.k.
Or better to go by bus?

Thank's a lot for the help,
0 x

OWNER

Re: From Almaty ---> Dushanbe ?

Post by OWNER »

Fly by plane and don’t hesitate - be free like a bird. This is the best option (after a camper). )))
1 x

Lagerfeld

Post by Lagerfeld »

OWNER wrote: . . . This is the best option (after a camper). )))
@ OWNER, thank you very much.

This time I go from Germany by plane ---> Almaty, to see my friends. And I only can stay in KZ for 30 days - than I must leave the country for a while, so I decidet to go to TZ - last time I went by camper to KIG and before 2 years ago by bus to Taschlent.

My trip to Asia was return 16500 km - and I passed 15 countries. All together I was on the road 93 days.
Back home in Europe I had to pay around 2000 € for repairing the armortisatory and the axles.
I was very much streesed on my way back, special from KZ ---> RUS - direction to Tscheljabinsk.

Now I'm still waiting very much the opening of the land borders from GEO ---> AZ - than I want to use the CASPIAN SEE FERRY to Aktau. For this I'll use my camper again.

By the way: Do you know a nice, cheap place to stay in Duschanbe? I found the GREEN HOUSE HOSTEL - is this o.k.?

When I book in Europe the plane from Almaty ---> Duschanbe will be return about 125.000 Tg per person. Not a bad price.
Regards from Tony.
0 x

tapacharya

Post by tapacharya »

The Air Astana service between Dushanbe and Almaty is very good. I would not hesitate to take it. I stayed at the City Hostel. It's more expensive than the Green House, but I liked it. Basic, clean rooms. Great internet speeds there. None of the other hotels I stayed at in Dushanbe came close to it, even the expensive Serena Dushanbe was miserably slow.
0 x

Francesco1966

Post by Francesco1966 »

A few years ago (2017?) I took the Air Astana from Dushanbe to Almaty, and I paid about 100 €, so I would say that 250 € return is ok. Otherwise, if you have time try Almaty-Tashkent by train (either direct or with a stop in Chimkent), Tashkent-Samarkand by fast train and Samarkand-Dushanbe by bus.
For internet, do get a SIM card in each country you stay, even if it is for a couple of days.
0 x

Lagerfeld

Post by Lagerfeld »

Thank you everybody very much.
Now I*m in Almaty and in January I*ll go to Dushanbe,
0 x

Lagerfeld

Post by Lagerfeld »

tapacharya wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:00 am
. . . I stayed at the City Hostel. It's more expensive than the Green House, but I liked it. Basic, clean rooms. Great internet speeds there. None of the other hotels I stayed at in Dushanbe came close to it . . .
Hi, tapacharya, I was looking for a phone number or a web site from CITY HOSTEL? I don't find anythimg, can you help me? Thank's!
0 x