Getting to Khujand from Haft Kul

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
ChrisFitz2024

Getting to Khujand from Haft Kul

Post by ChrisFitz2024 »

Hi everyone,

I will be in Tajikistan next month after 10 days in Uzbekistan and will be staying a night in Panjakent before a day/night in Haft Kul. Afterwards I will be going to Khujand for a night before crossing the border to Tashkent to fly home.

Does anyone know if its relatively straightforward to organise a shared bus/taxi back to Panjakent the next morning before getting another bus/taxi to Khujand? Alternatively, is there a way to avoid Panjakent and going straight from Haft Kul (Shing) to Khujand?

Another option is to skip Khujand, go back to Samarkand, and then get the fast train to Tashkent.

If anyone could provide some advice and tips that would be great!

Thanks,

Chris
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Getting to Khujand from Haft Kul

Post by bwv812 »

Most days a shared car will leave from the mountains very early in the morning, which then returns in the afternoon once people have done their shopping. So you can likely get a seat in one of these cars. If you miss it (or it doesn't run that day) it can take a long time to get a ride.
1 x

ChrisFitz2024

Post by ChrisFitz2024 »

Great, thanks.

So long as I can reach the Seven Lakes with enough time to see the area for one day/night, an early ride to Panjakent - and then onto Khujand - would be fine.
0 x

jorgefallan

Post by jorgefallan »

Hi Chris! How did your trip finally go?
0 x