Getting a ride from Bachor

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
enduro2

Getting a ride from Bachor

Post by enduro2 »

Hi,

I'm planning a trekking tour which ends in Bachor. Now I'm wondering how I can get a ride from there to Dushanbe, probably via Khorog. Are there shared taxis regularly leaving from Bachor? Since it's a small village... Or maybe from Sardem at the Pamir Highway?

Cheers,
enduro2
0 x

willemspie

Re: Getting a ride from Bachor

Post by willemspie »

Yes, but you need patience to travel on your own in the Pamirs.
0 x

Poney

Post by Poney »

Hi !
In 2011 there was a small marshrutka doing Shazud - Khorog few times a week, leaving very early in the morning.
My host got me a seat in it, but it has to be booked at least the day before departure.

From Bachor, almost no vehicle is leaving (i'd say if there is 1 per day it is a maximum).

You can walk the track from Bachor to Shazud (20km approx. easy flat walk), and even from shazud you could cross the Gunt on the car bridge and hitchhike on M41 directly.
0 x

willemspie

Post by willemspie »

Any vehicle is game, you will need to discuss the price (in Russian). But yes I have once or twice waited for many hours in the Pamirs.
0 x

enduro2

Post by enduro2 »

Ok, waiting a few hours up to a day is no problem.
I don't speak Russian, however. Do you think it is still possible to get from Shazud to Khorog within one or two days?
0 x

willemspie

Post by willemspie »

I don't speak Russian either, but yes, I learnt enough to discuss the destination and the fare.
I have hitch hiked from Jelondy, which is nearby on the Pamir Highway, there wasn't any vehicle at all in the afternoon, so I spent the night at the quaint hot springs guesthouse, a local vehicle picked me up in the morning (I was trekking from the Turumtay lake in the South, it is a fantastic place too, zero tourist).
0 x