Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
sgrant

Re: Tajikistan launches evisa with GBAO permit

Post by sgrant »

That's reassuring!

Definitely not incorrect but an odd choice when many passports, and the application itself, have more detail than just country of birth.
0 x

gateskatherine

Post by gateskatherine »

Don't think you need specific dates for GBAO - I entered the GBAO the day after my specified 'entry date' and no questions were asked. Our driver paid plenty of bribes along the way though - usually small amounts.
0 x
Your guide to career breaks & budget travel - http://www.thetravelators.com

Follow us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/thetravelators

Aleco

Post by Aleco »

If anyone are interested.

I get my visa in May in Istanbul, so not evisa.

1 month, quite easy in few hours on same day.

Than gbao permit in Dushanbe, not really easy because nobody speaks English there and it's a bit massy, but with a small help from locals you can apply and pickup the day after. Very cheap, 20 soms plus 5 for the copy and modules...

PS: I tried also to extend my visa in Dushanbe, but at the foreign office they told me that is not possible anymore to extend tourist visa for Tajikistan.
0 x

Fred

Post by Fred »

Hi there,

I like to share our experience about the e-Visa.

Since the e-Visa website's FAQ says “E-visa holders can enter to the Republic of Tajikistan through all border points” so I presumed e-Visa is valid at international airports and at land borders. We decided to give it a try when we were in Talas, Kyrgyzstan. I completed everything requested by the website and finished the payment on 29/July which was Friday, and then I received the visas by email on the next day (Saturday). The efficiency was truly impressive.

The price was US$50 for the visa plus another US$20 for a GBAO permit. Tajikistan e-Visa is valid for 90 days, however the visa holder can stay in the territory of the country for no more than 45 calendar days.

We entered Tajikistan via the Kyzylart Pass on 28/Aug/2016 and it was hassle-free and easy. Apparently the border soldiers have seen e-Visa before and also have known how to deal with it already.

I have also posted the experience on http://blog.cyaontheroad.com/post/15036 ... tan-e-visa , if you like to view a screen capture of the e-Visa, please visit the link above.

Cheers,
Fred
0 x

Daave.ed

Post by Daave.ed »

Evisa system seems to be down.. have tried on quite a few devices and with different browsers over last 3-4 days.. keeps getting hung when you try to submit the data (for up to 16 hours). isitdownrightnow.com also says the server is down. Anyone used it with no problem in the last few days? Any tips for me and anyone experiencing similar issues?

In desperation have just tried Tashkent for a normal visa.. they said they would only give me 10 days.. even with an LOI..

Hope everyone else is having better luck!
0 x

laurent_rio

Post by laurent_rio »

Hi,

For evisa, if we submit, how long will application on hold to the system ?, i make an application but havent paid and want to change the date of entry but system doesnt allow me to make new application said my passport already in the system.
0 x

Karoutcho

Post by Karoutcho »

laurent_rio wrote:For evisa, if we submit, how long will application on hold to the system ?, i make an application but havent paid and want to change the date of entry but system doesnt allow me to make new application said my passport already in the system.
I tried as well when we applied in june, but I didn't find any way to change that once the application is already in the system...
Hopefully that's how I discovered that we had three months to enter the country :D

We and our bicycle entered the 10th of september via the Kyzyl-Art border without any problem. Friendly-staff. It was late, they even invited us for sleeping inside, and offred us a hot meat-soup !

The GBAO permit starts with the date of entry in Tajikistan -according to the guys at the border).

----
On the way, we heard lot's of cyclists talking about a registration within 30 days at an OVIR office...
Nothing is said about that on the e-visa website. There is a form to ask questions on the official e-visa website. I asked, no answer yet.

Actually, we don't plan to do it. It costs something like 10$ each and seems to be needless with an e-visa.

Does anyone tried to go out of Tajikistan after a stay longer than 30 days and without registration ?
0 x

laurent_rio

Post by laurent_rio »

I think the system is too "clever", once you go to payment page, there is no way for you to avoid the payment ( if u want to make new application you need to pay first before) : (
0 x

gaz457

Post by gaz457 »

I got the visa twice in one day and was charged twice... There were lots of problems with the system. I'm trying to contact them to get money back but their address doesn't work. Has anybody managed to contact them?
1 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Post by Crazydre »

Send the message to [email protected] and [email protected] (enter both) and send with high priority
0 x