Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by Christian77 »

The tourist e-visa delays (and the hotel reservation cancellations/evictions) made the news in Tajikistan, on a website that the government reads: https://www.ozodi.org/a/tajikistan-tour ... 01380.html (in Tajik)

Hopefully this means they will be prepared next time (some bureaucrat is probably getting yelled at right now by his boss).
2 x

blakep76

Post by blakep76 »

'The President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon on June 15 at the meeting promised that "Tajikistan will contribute to the promotion of cooperation in the field of tourism."'

I wonder how delaying tourist visas for up to 2 weeks in the lead up to the busiest time of the year, forcing hotels to cancel reservations of foreign visitors etc factors into those plans?
0 x

tomroshiva

Post by tomroshiva »

Our e-visa took 5 days. We met a few people in Samarkand who were waiting for their visas as well, for some of them it took 14 days! As the visa is not date specific and it gives you 90 days to enter the country, we would recommend applying at least 10 days prior the date you want to enter. Also we printed it out and it was required at the border. BTW, we crossed through Penjikent and were asked for the registration slips but there was no problem when we said we didn't have any as we sleep in our motorhome! :)
0 x

royhorner8

Re: Tajikistan eVisa not arriving - stuck in Uzbekistan

Post by royhorner8 »

I’ll vouch for using the kmuhamadulloev email address. We had applied on 16th June early morning, waiting 3 days, and then within a couple of hours of emailing that delightful official. We have the visas.

Don’t know if it’s the Ramadan backlog, or the above conference ending, but email the chap above if you have difficulties.
0 x

globetraveler

Post by globetraveler »

Got it yesterday, applied on 16th. 3 days in total. GBAO + evisa.
0 x

jkf

Post by jkf »

Applied for an EVisa on the 14th. Received an email on the 17th stating it had been rejected (my friend had his accepted at the exact same time. Re-applied at 1am on the 18th and by midday on the 19th the status was ‘assessed’ but ‘awaiting confirmation’. It is now the 23rd and still nothing.

Has anyone had their evisa arrive during the weekend or will I have to wait till Monday to expect an email?
0 x

NOMADasaurus

Post by NOMADasaurus »

Hey guys,

One of our guests has just ordered their Tajikistan e-visa. It arrived after a week, however there's no mention anywhere on the paper of the GBAO permit on it, which they selected and paid for. Is this something that is noted electronically, and they will collect at the border, or have they been issued an e-visa without their GBAO permit?

Many thanks.
0 x
Travelling from Thailand to South Africa without flying - http://www.nomadasaurus.com

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

My e-visa from last year had a red "GBAO" watermark/stamp on it. It may be noted electronically, but I'm not sure if the border guards on the Pamir Highway crossing even have a connection to their system in Dushanbe.
0 x

NOMADasaurus

Post by NOMADasaurus »

Christian77 wrote:My e-visa from last year had a red "GBAO" watermark/stamp on it. It may be noted electronically, but I'm not sure if the border guards on the Pamir Highway crossing even have a connection to their system in Dushanbe.
Thanks for the quick reply buddy. That's what I assumed from some quick Google searches, that they've been issued a visa without the permit. Strange as they've been charged for it. They've been emailing the e-visa people, hopefully they hear back soon.
0 x
Travelling from Thailand to South Africa without flying - http://www.nomadasaurus.com

Joyce

Post by Joyce »

I applied for Tajik Evisa (plus GABO) with a Chinese passport on 26th May and received on 17th June. My friend can’t get through the payment system after several trying. Anyone got the same issue?
0 x