Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
morgs

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by morgs »

Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone lately was experiencing delays in receiving their e-visa? I understand that there was a public holiday last Tuesday. I submitted it over a week ago. The process was very straight forward and I had immediate confirmation that the payment had been accepted. However when I go onto their website it says my e-visa has been assessed but states validation in progress. I'm sure it'll be OK, it's just taking much longer than I anticipated but is holding up my plans.
0 x

Bo_boi

Post by Bo_boi »

Same here. I applied last june 5 but still havent received my evisa.
0 x

bioarchnomad

Post by bioarchnomad »

morgs wrote:Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone lately was experiencing delays in receiving their e-visa? I understand that there was a public holiday last Tuesday. I submitted it over a week ago. The process was very straight forward and I had immediate confirmation that the payment had been accepted. However when I go onto their website it says my e-visa has been assessed but states validation in progress. I'm sure it'll be OK, it's just taking much longer than I anticipated but is holding up my plans.
I am in the exact same situation, submitted my application last week and the same message appears for me. I’m running out of days in the region so all this waiting is a big damper on my schedule.
0 x

arsenal901

Post by arsenal901 »

I submitted my application last Friday. I was expecting it to get approved between Monday and Wednesday this week, however mine is also showing "Validation in Progress"
0 x

arsenal901

Post by arsenal901 »

SCompass wrote:Hi - I understand I can purchase second evisa with GBAO permit after I have entered Tajikistan (ie used my first evisa) but I have a question after how many days I can purchase the second evisa ?
Possible I purchase two days after I arrive Tajikistan

Help is always appreciated

Also if I have two different passports is it better to apply two evisa using different passports then wait till I entered Tajikistan and apply another evisa using same passport ? Potential issue is my second passport is HOng Kong SAT passport which seems get rejected quite often
Is it not possible to purchase two e-visas before entering Tajikistan, and then using one of the visas on first entry and the second during the next? OR does the second application need to be made after your first entry into Tajikistan?
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

I've now met more than a few people in Tashkent and Osh who have submitted applications and still not received visas after a full week of waiting. Three travellers here in Osh who planned to do the Pamir Highway just gave up and crossed into Uzbekistan after paying for the visas + the GBAO fee and waiting for 8 days with no results. Nobody knows what's going on.
0 x

Pearce_os

Post by Pearce_os »

We are in the same boat, we applied on June 7th in Osh and went hiking and was expecting to have the Visa when we returned. We have emailed all the available addresses but have received no reply. Still no Visa... definitely starting to interfere with our timeline. Will wait till max 19th before having to skip Tajik and go to Uzbekistan. If anyone gets one granted please let us know how long it took
0 x

Hinta

Post by Hinta »

I applied on June 3rd and got the approval on June 8th with a Dutch passport. I did check online a few times to see the status and the status did change a few times (from application received, to under review, etc). You might be able to check if they are doing anything by looking at that..
Good luck
0 x

arsenal901

Post by arsenal901 »

Hinta wrote:I applied on June 3rd and got the approval on June 8th with a Dutch passport. I did check online a few times to see the status and the status did change a few times (from application received, to under review, etc). You might be able to check if they are doing anything by looking at that..
Good luck
My status has been "Validation in Progress" since Monday this week. It seems like usually turaround was between 24-48 hours and something has happened that is delaying it to about a week or more now.
0 x

Baschdl

Tajikistan eVisa delays

Post by Baschdl »

First: Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread, please don't delete the post. I have read all the faq on caravanistan.

Hi,

I'm from Germany and applied for an eVisa on eVisa.tj on 30.05.2019. All the information was put in correctly (quadruple-ckecked), attached a picture of my passport and I paid the 50 USD fee immediately. I received an email regarding both payment confirmation and application confirmation the same day.

It is now two and a half weeks later and my status in "manage your applications" has not changed from "approval in progress" for over two weeks, and I have not received any emails since (checked spam folder).

I am in Samarkand right now and wanted to cross the border to Pandjikent yesterday, from there the plan was to go to Dushanbe - Chudschand - Osch - Bischkek (from where I will be flying back home in 10 days).

Now I am stuck in Samarkand not knowing what to do. It is Saturday, so nothing is happening for the next two days. I would need my eVisa on Monday the latest to be able to continue my journey as planned. I wrote an email to several email Adresse listed here as well to the Tajik Embassy in Tashkent and in Germany on Thursday, but no answer so far. Both emails [email protected] and [email protected] do net receive emails by the way, I don't know if they have technical issues or whatever.

Any Ideas on what to do? I read your faqs etc (fantastic info btw, helped me a lot during travel preparation, so thanks a lot).

Is there a chance I will still receive my eVisa after this long waiting period? Have they maybe simply forgotten about it?

As I see it I have limited options:
1. Wait here for two more days in Samarkand, hoping and praying that something will magically happen on Monday. I'm not sure how realistic that is given how frustrated I am currently. Cost: losing two days and a lot of nerves.
2. Going back to Tashkent (where I have already been) and hoping that somebody at the Tajik embassy in Tashkent will be able to help me on Monday morning. Is that even realistic?
3. Scrapping the idea of visiting Tajikistan altogether (which would suck, I was really looking forward to it as it is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity + I already paid the 50 Usd and I am not expecting any refunds..). Then my only real option would be to go Tashkent - Kokand/Andijon - Osch and from there continue to Bishkek as planned)

Sorry for the long text, any advice is really much appreciated. Thanks!
0 x