Tajikistan E-visa refusals

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
steven
Admin
Admin

Tajikistan E-visa refusals

Post by steven »

This topic tracks Tajikistan e-visa refusals.

A separate topics exists for general e-visa Q&A.

All info gathered here is summarized on the Tajikistan visa page.

I got this in my inbox a while back, just uploading it to share the info. The story of a rejected Chinese e-visa application. Other sad tales of rejection out there?

Yes rejected. I think it will be very easy to get the eVisa of Tajik. All the information tell me I can get it in one or two days after apply, because Tajik has open eVisa to all Chinese.
I filled the form yesterday, attached the copy of the information page of my passport, paid 71.75 dollars, and wait. But around 1pm Beijing time (GMT+8) today, I received the rejection mail.
I wrote to them ask what's wrong but no reply until now, and no refund.
I think the problem may be, I applied the eVisa too early, for today is Jul 13th, and I want enter Tajik in Aug 15th(One month plus two days later). But I am not sure, indeed someone tell me I can apply the eVisa 3 month before go there.
Feel a little hurt, I love Central Asia so much but was rejected.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

sakara

Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by sakara »

Just applied for an E-visa for myself and my girlfriend. She was rejected without giving any reason "apply again and we will reconsider", I got it. No clue why. We ve both been to Tajikistan several times together, never had any issues. Both swiss nationals. We will just try again, but still anoying as its not for free;-).
1 x

IanMck

Re: Tajikistan E-visa refusals

Post by IanMck »

I just got rejected for the Tajik e-visa, applied on a New Zealand passport, got charged for it, so now I'm wondering what was the reason???

Some points about my application; I applied for the visa for 20th of May, 2019, too far ahead maybe?
I also wasn't sure the best way to upload the passport document so sent them a photo of a scanned copy?
And, upon review of my application info after being rejected it shows my first and middle name under the spot of my first name and my middle name blank also my last name is not in capitals as it is in my passport, could either of these be the problem??

I have emailed [email protected] and [email protected] to see if they can provide any insight as to why it was rejected and wether or not I can amend my application since I already paid. I'm not hopeful about that but thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Thoughts on this?
So now I will await a response...
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Good luck. There aren't enough data points for me to add something useful, most people just get it without problem. Please let us know what happened next, I am very curious.
0 x

IanMck

Post by IanMck »

I re-applied and it came through without a problem this time! Some points I changed were uploading a better scanned passport document and capitalizing my Name and place of birth as in my passport... but who knows what they didn't like about the first application!
2 x

xiaochensu

Post by xiaochensu »

Hi guys,

I got refused for an evisa a few days ago. Contacted them via the email given on the evisa website but no reply so far on why I was rejected. No refund either, of course.

I am a US citizen, traveling on US passport in mid May.

Some of the reasons I might have been rejected:

1. I live in Japan so applied with a Japanese address and phone number
2. I was born in China so my birthplace on the application (and my passport) is China
3. Perhaps too early for making the application considering I enter Tajikistan around 20th of May?

Now I am thinking whether I should just go directly to Dushanbe airport to do visa on arrival there. Any thoughts on this? Need to electronically submit docs beforehand? Letter of invitation needed?

Thank you!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

My guess is it is because of the China connection. Chinese travelers are targeted. This is where they make their money. Chinese travelers have been asked for bribes of up to 500$ for the visa on arrival at the airport.
0 x

blakep76

Post by blakep76 »

What exactly is the reason behind the repeated rejection of Chinese (related) tourists?

I also live in the PRC, but am Australian and planning to apply for a TJ e-visa in a month or two...I guess I'll just avoid any reference to China and keep my address etc strictly Oz.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Not a problem if you are Australian. Only Chinese are targeted. Mix of sinophobia and just the fact that there are a lot of Chinese workers and businessmen who are easy targets.
1 x

BTG1769

Post by BTG1769 »

My wife (Chinese) also recently applied for a Tajik E-visa and was rejected.
2 x