Dushanbe to Osh

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski
NattyPamirWelshGirl

Dushanbe to Osh

Postby NattyPamirWelshGirl » Sun May 13, 2018 5:06 am

I need to know how to get from Dushanbe to Osh without flying, because i cannot afford the cost of a flight.

Any advice urgently, needed.

Many thanks,

Natalie
0 x

Mette

Re: Dushanbe to Osh

Postby Mette » Sun May 13, 2018 5:53 pm

I was supposed to fly from Bishkek to Dushanbe coming thursday but Tajik Airlines has recently decided to stop flying the route (i heard this last friday)...! Not interesting for you but might be good to know for others checking this topic.
There don’t seem to be other airlines who have a direct flight so flying is now both very expensive and time consuming :-(

Overland the quickest way is from Dushanbe to Osh via Khujand and fly from Osh to Bishkek i guess. Khujand seems to be a pleasant enough city to spend a night and if you have enough time a stop at the Fann mountains should be nice.
2 x

Mette

Postby Mette » Sun May 13, 2018 7:55 pm

You might also try to fly from Khujand to Bishkek. I forgot to check out this option but it could work out quick if there is a direct flight.
1 x

sheepbuttfat

Postby sheepbuttfat » Wed May 16, 2018 8:34 am

There is not a direct flight. You can get a taxi from dushanbe to isfara and then from there get a taxi all the way to osh. Or you could get a taxi to khujand, stay the night and then the next day take a taxi to isfara. There are flights daily from batken to osh or bishkek, but not from khujand.

There are a few very trustworthy taxi drivers who can take you all the way from dushanbe to the border at isfara.
0 x