Buying Bradt guide in Dushanbe

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
Lisa and Michael

Buying Bradt guide in Dushanbe

Post by Lisa and Michael »

Hi,
currently in Dushanbe...
We are trying to get a print copy of the Bradt Tajikistan here, we already were at Knischny mir, but no english guidebooks.
Any ideas if we can get it somewhere ?
Thanks!
Lisa
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Buying Bradt guide in Dushanbe

Post by steven »

I doubt you will find it. Don't worry, it's not a very good book, quite similar to the chapter in the LP. Most of the info (and much more) can be found online.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Lisa and Michael

Post by Lisa and Michael »

Thanks Steven,
reassuring. It was just that we wanted to have something for time without internet at the Pamir highway;-)
But we could take pictures of the outdated German Trescher guide, which seems to be quite good...
0 x

thl989

Post by thl989 »

I agree it's not a very good book, it was very disappointing as it was only my second Brandt guide and they did a really great job for Kazakhstan (at least the parts I used, they had a lot more info than other guides).
0 x

GBY

Post by GBY »

I'm curious to know what you both found disappointing about the book. I've found it quite useful so far, not in the same league as the Odyssey guide though.
0 x

thl989

Post by thl989 »

It refers you to trekking companies rather than provide details on how to access treks. I'm not expecting detailed topographical maps, the book doesn't even tell you how to get to Artuch! A village it refers to frequently in describing hiking in the Fann Mountains, devoting a special section to the lakes hike. Overall I found information to be scattered, poorly organized, with a lot of gaps like this. To the point where I found enough information from other sources to be able to write a more informative book than they have sold me.
2 x