Langar to M-41 (Pamir Hwy)

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
povertyjetset

Langar to M-41 (Pamir Hwy)

Post by povertyjetset »

Has anyone managed to get from Langar up to the Pamir Hwy by means other than a taxi? I'd like to do that stretch on my own then continue to Murghab. Otherwise a long backtrack to Khorog...

Cheers.

Jon
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Langar to M-41 (Pamir Hwy)

Post by bwv812 »

Too late to help you, but I suspect that if you went to Langar and stayed with the village khalifa, Yodgor Molleijev (mentioned in LP's 2010 edition, but dropped from the 2014 version), he could probably help you hitch a ride with one of the trucks that stop/overnight at his place. Though I didn't ask, I assume they cross over to China via the Qolma pass, which means they should do the direct run up to the M41 on their way to Murghab and Qolma.
0 x

bamboo

Post by bamboo »

povertyjetset wrote:
Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:46 am
Has anyone managed to get from Langar up to the Pamir Hwy by means other than a taxi? I'd like to do that stretch on my own then continue to Murghab. Otherwise a long backtrack to Khorog...

Cheers.

Jon
Hi Jon,

Did you travel from Langar to Murghab? I'm also interested in doing that way instead of backtracking to Khorog.
0 x

Lovetheworld

Post by Lovetheworld »

What kind of transportation are you talking about?

After Langar, at some point the road changes from a road to a track/trail. For which 4x4 is advised, although, of course some local probably has done it in a normal car. At least you need some ground clearance.
Or in terms of bicycles, not a street bicycle.

If you want to do that in a 4x4 with driver, you will have to have the car for yourself I suppose.

There is also very little traffic there, so hitchhiking might not be very effective.

It is a nice route though :)
1 x

bamboo

Post by bamboo »

Lovetheworld wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:15 am
What kind of transportation are you talking about?

After Langar, at some point the road changes from a road to a track/trail. For which 4x4 is advised, although, of course some local probably has done it in a normal car. At least you need some ground clearance.
Or in terms of bicycles, not a street bicycle.

If you want to do that in a 4x4 with driver, you will have to have the car for yourself I suppose.

There is also very little traffic there, so hitchhiking might not be very effective.

It is a nice route though :)
I see. Definitely not biking. Where do tourists go to find shared taxi in Langar? Is it reliable to find one? I'm considering to book a ride with Caravistan from Langar to Murghab but not quite sure if the driver will go through Langar :|
0 x

Koen

Post by Koen »

In langar are multiple guesthouses that offer taxi service.
I was in Hostel Behruz that offered taxi service, down the road was other taxi house / stand.

I cycled from murghab to Langar, it's nice ride. If you go to murghab you will have to push the pedals harder.
With simple mountainbike with spare tires and patches you can make it but you will need camping gear as well.
0 x
Rollingdutchman @ instagram

bamboo

Post by bamboo »

Koen wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:16 am
In langar are multiple guesthouses that offer taxi service.
I was in Hostel Behruz that offered taxi service, down the road was other taxi house / stand.

I cycled from murghab to Langar, it's nice ride. If you go to murghab you will have to push the pedals harder.
With simple mountainbike with spare tires and patches you can make it but you will need camping gear as well.
Whooa how long did it take you to bike from Langar to Murghab? And did you stay at the guesthouse or you camped?
0 x

Koen

Post by Koen »

Hi Bamboo,

I came from Murghab to Langar, little bit more downhill.
5- day's off cycling with couple other cyclist, we did it easy and enjoyed the whole ride.
Also stayed multiple days in Alichur and did side trip with jeep to see "marco polo" sheeps in the mountains.
We camped couple times. One time invited by local family.
You can see gps track on this site, not all is done with cycling like the 4x4 trip for Alichur.
https://www.followmychallenge.com/live/KoenvanHuut/
1 x
Rollingdutchman @ instagram