Bajgiran/Ashgabat border updates

All about Turkmenistan
itfcfan

Re: Bajgiran/Ashgabat border updates

Post by itfcfan »

gabisk wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:08 am
KZ french embassy told me it's not necessary. But how can you ask and receive your IDC ?
IDC stands for "inter-departmental committee". In theory you can have a company/person in Kazakhstan apply for this for you, but I wouldn't expect success unless either you have connections or you're very determined. WPK, an immigration consultancy has more info on this:
https://new.wpk.kz/mvk_eng

As far as I know, IDC permission is still required for anyone who is not a Kazakh citizen to cross into Kazakhstan by land or (Caspian) sea. It's only arrival by air that's been simplified (for countries with visa-free agreements in place).
0 x

Nikopol

Post by Nikopol »

gabisk wrote:
Nikopol wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:11 pm
gabisk wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:49 pm

You need nothing now. All the border are open in Kazakhstan. Just a pcr test
Unless something big changed, that is not the case. You can fly in without IDC if you are from selected countries. However for land or sea crossing IDC is requires as KZ London embassy confirmed to me few weeks ago.
KZ french embassy told me it's not necessary. But how can you ask and receive your IDC ?
Its not, if you fly.

Consider IDC unobtainable. Its for business and scientific visits largely and you need organization in Kazakhstan to forward their request to regional government for approval.
0 x

gabisk

Post by gabisk »

Nikopol wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:02 am
gabisk wrote:
Nikopol wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:11 pm

Unless something big changed, that is not the case. You can fly in without IDC if you are from selected countries. However for land or sea crossing IDC is requires as KZ London embassy confirmed to me few weeks ago.
Its not, if you fly.

Consider IDC unobtainable. Its for business and scientific visits largely and you need organization in Kazakhstan to forward their request to regional government for approval.

Yes, I just talked about it with a lot of different consulates, try with agencies that try to ask you 30 dollars to answer 30 minutes to your questions.. It's impossible. A country as close as North Korea in terms of land borders. Humanity started walking on its head a long time ago. Countries to forget without taking a plane
0 x

Nikopol

Post by Nikopol »

gabisk wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:25 am
Nikopol wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:02 am
gabisk wrote:

Its not, if you fly.

Yes, I just talked about it with a lot of different consulates, try with agencies that try to ask you 30 dollars to answer 30 minutes to your questions.. It's impossible. A country as close as North Korea in terms of land borders. Humanity started walking on its head a long time ago. Countries to forget without taking a plane
There was recently meeting between Tokayev and Mirziyoyev and they agreed that bus and train connection should be re-opened. So we will see.
0 x

Garrian

Post by Garrian »

Hello, any news regarding land borders to Turkmenistan?
0 x

lauraparrilla

Post by lauraparrilla »

Hi!

I have just got a reply from an agency doing Darwaza crater and they have told me that borders are closed...no tourists are alowed into the country due to "pandemic issues". Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks!
0 x

gabisk

Post by gabisk »

Yes completely close. And also consulate Turkmenistan in Dubai, absolutely don't have a date for the reopen
0 x

h.ahmadybirgani

Post by h.ahmadybirgani »

Yes, the borders are closed completely. I called the embassy in Tehran and mashad today (04/18/2022), they told me the borders are closed. Very bad news. Even they did not tell me when the borders will be opening in future. Unfortunately Afghanistan has no security to pass.
Any Idea???
Hesam/
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
0 x

Garrian

Post by Garrian »

Any news regarding opening of border?
0 x

Nikopol

Post by Nikopol »

Garrian wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:18 pm
Any news regarding opening of border?
No and honestly I dont expect it to happen very soon. There was just hand-over of power from Berdy to his son and security agencies always freak out when even smallest change in power structures is made and close borders. That was before pandemic when you couldnt get visa even during their "Great Leader gpt 99.99 prc of vote" so-called elections. Given they been closed for two years, they dont seem to be in appetite to even slightly open their country for a while at least.
1 x