Turkmenistan re-opening Q&A

All about Turkmenistan
Lucacapra11

Re: Turkmenistan re-opening Q&A

Post by Lucacapra11 »

Hi Marco, Me and my friend started 20 days ago from Italy and we need to cross Turkemekistan, could we contact you for some informations? Thank you
0 x

njorka

Post by njorka »

I have just applied for Turkmenistan transit visa in Bishkek. The visa fee is 35 USD (Serbian passport), but you only pay 10 USD at the moment of application. I will pay the rest of 25 USD if I get approved. Fees are to be paid at Optima Bank, instructions given by the Embassy. You need a passport, color copy of the first page of the passport, two photos, itinerary addressed to the Embassy with dates and entry/exit points and application forms which are available on their website. There are two types of application form, one of them has to be filled and printed, another one has to be printed and filled by hand. I've also been asked to provide the visa of the destination country, but I've explained and written in the itinerary that I'm visa free for Iran.
The Consul is very polite and friendly. She said that I should call the Embassy after 20 days to check the application status. In case of approval, visa can be collected in Bishkek or in any other Embassy. Faster processing is also available for 85 USD.
1 x

WillisOnWheels

Post by WillisOnWheels »

njorka wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 5:52 am
I have just applied for Turkmenistan transit visa in Bishkek. The visa fee is 35 USD (Serbian passport), but you only pay 10 USD at the moment of application. I will pay the rest of 25 USD if I get approved. Fees are to be paid at Optima Bank, instructions given by the Embassy. You need a passport, color copy of the first page of the passport, two photos, itinerary addressed to the Embassy with dates and entry/exit points and application forms which are available on their website. There are two types of application form, one of them has to be filled and printed, another one has to be printed and filled by hand. I've also been asked to provide the visa of the destination country, but I've explained and written in the itinerary that I'm visa free for Iran.
The Consul is very polite and friendly. She said that I should call the Embassy after 20 days to check the application status. In case of approval, visa can be collected in Bishkek or in any other Embassy. Faster processing is also available for 85 USD.
Hey, I will go to apply for the transit visa in Bishkek also, most probably. Do you have to enter Turkmenistan on the exact dates that you specified or do you have a window in which you can enter? I'm cycling at the moment so it's hard to get exact dates so far in advance.
0 x

k3n_low

Post by k3n_low »

njorka wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 5:52 am
Okay wait this is massive news! Was it a special case for this embassy? I'm might just head back to Bishkek to apply for this visa.
0 x

WillisOnWheels

Post by WillisOnWheels »

Just visited the embassy in Bishkek and a/the nice lady informed me they've stopped giving out transit visas. When I asked if this was going to check she went to try and call her colleagues that didn't reply. As you may notice, he transit visas are being removed from various embassy websites. The only way through is with a tour. Feel free to ask again or elsewhere. Almaty embassy told me transit visas are only possible with letters of invitation that coincidentally are not given by travel companies for transit visas.
2 x

k3n_low

Post by k3n_low »

WillisOnWheels wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:13 am
Just visited the embassy in Bishkek and a/the nice lady informed me they've stopped giving out transit visas. When I asked if this was going to check she went to try and call her colleagues that didn't reply. As you may notice, he transit visas are being removed from various embassy websites. The only way through is with a tour. Feel free to ask again or elsewhere. Almaty embassy told me transit visas are only possible with letters of invitation that coincidentally are not given by travel companies for transit visas.
Thanks for the information. I was about to go to Bishkek just for this and you might have saved me a trip. If a transit visa plus LOI is possible, I could try asking around for people to only issue me an LOI, I have received vaguely similar offers before on Indyguide.

Did you also also mentioned to them how a Serbian tourist was able to get it without any issues just last week?
0 x

WillisOnWheels

Post by WillisOnWheels »

I didn't mention it, no. But I'm starting to message turkmen tour agencies to get a tour consisting of driving me from Uzbekistan to iranian border. Will let you know if I manage to get something.
0 x

k3n_low

Post by k3n_low »

Reporting back from the Tashkent Embassy. They do not issue Transit Visa unfortunately, but interesting enough they said as long you could get a Letter of Invitation, you could apply for the tourist visa and it's not mandatory to be on a guided tour.

The problem is no travel agency would be willing to give you a LOI without purchasing one of their tour packages.
0 x

likemrdarcy

Post by likemrdarcy »

k3n_low wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:25 am
Reporting back from the Tashkent Embassy. They do not issue Transit Visa unfortunately, but interesting enough they said as long you could get a Letter of Invitation, you could apply for the tourist visa and it's not mandatory to be on a guided tour.

The problem is no travel agency would be willing to give you a LOI without purchasing one of their tour packages.
Reporting from the Yerevan embassy, I can confirm that unfortunately the transit visas have been stopped for now. I've had a somewhat lengthy talk with the consul yesterday (12/06/2024), and he told me that there isn't really an explanation as to why this has happened. Transit visas were being granted until 2 weeks ago, sometimes even with pickup in other countries, as other users have recounted before.

I wasn't told about this possibility for the tourist visa, but the consul told me he will contact me if there's any chance of applying again. So I'll post an update if hopefully that happens.
1 x

jwong

Post by jwong »

Marco.au79 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:28 am
It costed 55 dollars (EU passport) plus 45 dollars for migration taxes and covid test (!). Total 100 dollars per person.
update on the COVID test: I entered through Ashgabat airport last week and was charged for a COVID test but it was never done. I guess for now it's just another "fee" one has to endure when coming to Turkmenistan. on the bright side, one doesn't have to worry about testing positive on arrival and being sent to quarantine?
0 x