Turkmenistan re-opening Q&A

All about Turkmenistan
Ccandelario430

Re: Turkmenistan re-opening Q&A

Post by Ccandelario430 »

The problem is no travel agency would be willing to give you a LOI without purchasing one of their tour packages.

But by that logic couldn't you just book a tour for a couple days and then stay longer after the tour?
0 x

njorka

Post by njorka »

njorka wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 5:52 am
I have just applied for Turkmenistan transit visa in Bishkek. The visa fee is 35 USD (Serbian passport), but you only pay 10 USD at the moment of application. I will pay the rest of 25 USD if I get approved. Fees are to be paid at Optima Bank, instructions given by the Embassy. You need a passport, color copy of the first page of the passport, two photos, itinerary addressed to the Embassy with dates and entry/exit points and application forms which are available on their website. There are two types of application form, one of them has to be filled and printed, another one has to be printed and filled by hand. I've also been asked to provide the visa of the destination country, but I've explained and written in the itinerary that I'm visa free for Iran.
The Consul is very polite and friendly. She said that I should call the Embassy after 20 days to check the application status. In case of approval, visa can be collected in Bishkek or in any other Embassy. Faster processing is also available for 85 USD.
My transit visa got approved exactly 3 weeks after I have applied. I had to pay 25 USD at Optima Bank and submit my passport and payment receipt to the Embassy. Visa was placed in my passport within an hour. 5 days with fixed dates and fixed border crossings (Farab, Howdan).
The consul said that I was supposed to get a 3-month valid LOI, with which I'd be able to get the visa at any Turkmen Embassy or border crossing, so that would give me a possibility to travel flexibly. But because of the Eid, LOI wasn't prepared, just the permission to the Embassy to issue a visa.
At Farab border, I had to pay 29 USD for the Covid test, 10 USD for the entry fee, and 6 USD for some bank fee.
1 x

michelleg1976

Post by michelleg1976 »

Do you think this would be available if I was entering through Uzbekistan but flying out from AShbagat?
0 x

jamfed

Post by jamfed »

hello from Hong Kong, I am going to visit Central Aisa end of this month and around 2 months. Turkmenistan is in my bucket list. Does it mean that we can apply for the transit visa? How about the border enter and exit ? If I plan to go from Uzbekistan, Can I back to Uzbekistan again ? or I need to go to the other country ? Thanks for all your sharing.
0 x

MarioSg777

Post by MarioSg777 »

Hi guys. Do you know if I need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to apply for the Turkmen visa?
0 x

MarioSg777

Post by MarioSg777 »

MarioSg777 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:43 pm
Hi guys. Do you know if I need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to apply for the Turkmen visa?
So I contacted Owadan (the company that will arrange my tour), and they told me there's no need for a vaccination certificate. Just a PCR test on arrival is enough.
0 x

packrats

Post by packrats »

Hi all, apologies for cross posting -
We are 2 x Australian cyclists, and we visited the Almaty embassy last week ( 15/7/2024) to apply for a transit visa

Exciting news - the Almaty Turkmen embassy are issuing transit visas again, but only for 3 days and for those who are self driving their own cars.

Apparently they are not considering transit visas for those travelling by bus or by bicycles. The initial staff member we spoke to took down all our travel details (including entry/exit points and proof of ongoing travel, which we just said was Iranian visa that was being processed). He then spoke to ?the consul general that said that it was only possible to travel by bike with a letter of invitation on a tourist visa.

We will try our luck at the Bishkek embassy this week!
1 x