Turkmen manat black market exchange rates

All about Turkmenistan
Bakhtiyark

Re: Turkmen manat black market exchange rates

Post by Bakhtiyark »

ET_ wrote:Rate seems to be 17 at the moment (10 Oct)

There is some big CIS head of government meeting in town so our hotel (swarming with secret service types and dignitaries) would only offer us the offical rate.
The aforementioned ‘iPhone’ shop in the Russian Bazaar was easy to find and efficient, offering me 17 for my $100 bill.
Other managed to get a rate of 15 with our tour bus driver
This is exactly the situation i've been to, during these types of events oftentimes the WHOLE city will be cordoned off (absolutely no joke), and being stuck in the city is a surreal expirience. Most locals are forced to stay at home, and some are subjected to participate in "Chare".
1 x

Briefingsworth

Post by Briefingsworth »

I got 18 manat to 1 USD at the Russian Bazaar on October 20. Just went in and asked a vendor where to exchange money; didn’t negotiate. I changed $60, but really only needed $20, maaaaybe $30, for 5ish days.
1 x

FRT15

Post by FRT15 »

Are manats easily used or exchanged for Uzbek or tajik currency in Uzbekistan or Tajikistan?
0 x

ET_

Post by ET_ »

FRT15 wrote:Are manats easily used or exchanged for Uzbek or tajik currency in Uzbekistan or Tajikistan?
No. Sure it’s not impossible, but I don’t think you’d find anyone to buy them outside the country besides of other travellers
0 x

TomGoode

Post by TomGoode »

Slightly delayed but I was getting 18.6 manat to 1 AUD in Russian Bazaar on 6th of November. Easy enough to find places if you walk around the periphery inside.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

iaa

Post by iaa »

What about to change manat in dollars I Is any bank that accept ?? ....or in black ....they accept ??
0 x

Bakhtiyark

Post by Bakhtiyark »

iaa wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:18 pm
What about to change manat in dollars I Is any bank that accept ?? ....or in black ....they accept ??
It depends on the city where are you staying, try asking around start with hotel receptionist, followed by shopkeepers, taxi driver, barbers etc.
But never exchange dollar at the banks as they offer official rate(you'll receive roughly ten times less manats compared to black markets).
0 x

iaa

Post by iaa »

Thanks
0 x

h.ahmadybirgani

Post by h.ahmadybirgani »

Hi everyone, ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Do you have any update on Manat Turkmenistan black market rate? It seems it has dropped to approximately 40 Manat for 1 Dollar?

Had any one new update?

Also do you know where the best place is to change it? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Regards.

Hesam/
0 x