Yes, I got it!
82%
No, got rejected :-(
18%

Total votes: 112

Roobens

Re: Turkmenistan transit visa poll

Post by Roobens »

Hi! I'm from France, male, 31. Applied in Tehran, picked up my visa two weeks later, they granted me a 5 day transit visa! I had to get in from Bagjyran and to leave at Konye Urgench.

When I applied, one of the questions on the form was like "Locations of planned visit". I wrote "Ashgabat and Darvaza". The guy at the embassy read the paper and said "Not Darvaza." "Huh?". Then he said "You can go, don't write it. I will erase it for you". I almost told him "That's the main reason I'm going to your country!" Anyway, hope it helps someone in the future here.

Also, I was very lucky, a lot of applications are rejected lately. Moreover they don't take any applications now for transit visas and during the whole month of September 2017. Because the "5th Asian indoor and martial art games" will take place in the country. I saw some really pissed guys at the embassy because of that, they wanted to apply on August 20th but the guys at the embassy said "It's too late, your visas would theorically be ready around September 1st and we don't accept any transit visa during this month."
3 x

Marilena13

Post by Marilena13 »

:D
22-year-old girl, greek citizen got the transit visa in August.

I applied for a transit visa in Ankara and received it in Tehran. In the letter of purpose I presented all the documents needed and simply wrote "I am requesting the transit visa because it is almost impossible to reach my next destination, Buchara without passing through Turkmenistan; most flights to central Asia land in either Almaty or Bishkek which are far away from the destination I would like to reach".
People at both embassies were really friendly and helpful but the entire procedure took time; in fact I waited for that email for 3 weeks!!!
My co-travel mate who is a female from Iran also got accepted.
2 x

aussietraveller7

Post by aussietraveller7 »

38 year old aussie guy with beard.

I applied in Bishkek on Friday 1st June, no queue. Fairly quick providing you have all the paperwork and colour photocopies of your passport. Once the embassy has checked them, they will give you a $10 USD bank deposit slip. The bank is a 3 min taxi ride away. You then return with the paid deposit slip & documents. They are closed on a Wednesday's and only accept documents between 10am & 12.30pm. Given the process I would recommend getting there before 10am. Also both Maps.me & google maps have wrong locations for the embassy so go off the address on the embassy website.

In Bishkek they give you the option to write urgent on your letter that apparently speeds up your application from 10 to 5 working days.

Arriving in Tashkent I went to the embassy to check if my visa had been successful. As the Tashkent embassy is closed on Fridays I visited on the Thursday which was only 4 working days from when I applied. The queue in Tashkent was huge and I had to wait for 3 hours! Once they checked the visa status, it was still pending. In Tashkent they were not aware of the urgent process and said it would take 10 working days as a minimum.

I was traveling to Dushanbe so went on the Monday to check. Had to wait 3 hours as the Consul arrived 2 hours late. He was difficult to deal with and refused to check my application. Also said I needed to have the approval letter sent by email & a colour photocopy of my passport.

Called the embassy in Bishkek, they advised that a 5 day transit visa had been approved and gave me the visa number. They said to return back to the Dushanbe embassy the following day & they would email the consul to advise my visa was to be picked up in Dushanbe.

Returned to the embassy, the following day with a photocopy of my passport in colour. Still no approval letter to give him as I never received it. The queue was quick, and he was in a better mood. Made me refill-in the application form so he knew my route to write in the visa. He wanted a a photo but I had none to give him. Gave me a bank deposit slip for $55 payable to the Pakistan Bank next to the Sheraton & advised to return at 3pm. The consul in Dushanbe is very focused on paperwork so make sure you have everything.

End result, urgent application worked, took 6 working days and some time.
0 x

JoMo1971

Post by JoMo1971 »

Applied at the London Turkmenistan embassy via post (photocopies of my passport was enough) and after a few phone calls to chase up my application from a friend (as I was on my travels), I received the confirmation letter via email. Woop! :)
1 x

rcabecos

Post by rcabecos »

Just got my confirmation letter from the state Migration Service of Turkemenistan. Got it from the Austrian Embassy (I'm Portuguese citizen).
Aplied 30th of July, got it yesterday, August 27th.
Since I have a letter, but no stamped VISA on my passaport I plan to submit my passport along with the Letter at Tehran or Mashhad or even at the Iran/Turkmen border.
My entry date, hopefully is the on the 8th September through BAJIRAN/HOWDAN border.
Any advices on this? Read somewhere that having a letter the procedure is done in the same day at the embassy
0 x

rcabecos

Post by rcabecos »

JoMo1971 wrote:Applied at the London Turkmenistan embassy via post (photocopies of my passport was enough) and after a few phone calls to chase up my application from a friend (as I was on my travels), I received the confirmation letter via email. Woop! :)
Where did you get your visa stamped? how long did it take? Which bordercrossing?
1 x

rcabecos

Post by rcabecos »

Jaysun wrote:I received a 5 day transit letter from the embassy in London. I'm about to see (tomorrow) if the scanned letter works at the boarder. The embassy in London were very friendly (I did it over the phone and by post). They said it would take 10 days, it was about 15 in the end and they just emailed the document and ensure me it would be successful on the boarder where I need to pay £30.
With the letter in hand, did you get your visa at the Border? Which one?
0 x

Danko

Post by Danko »

Hi Rcabecos
you should not have any problems getting your visa at the border if you have already received a letter fom Migration Service. But keep in mind that they receive only US dollars for the payments. It is $69 to $73.
0 x

piszteuo

Post by piszteuo »

I applied 4 weeks ago in London. I called for an update but they said without asking for my details that they would email me when it’s ready. I’m only travelling early November though but I won’t buy my flight ticket until I know if I should buy it from Turkmenistan or another country.
0 x

piszteuo

Post by piszteuo »

piszteuo wrote:I applied 4 weeks ago in London. I called for an update but they said without asking for my details that they would email me when it’s ready. I’m only travelling early November though but I won’t buy my flight ticket until I know if I should buy it from Turkmenistan or another country.
6 weeks after my application I phoned the embassy and they confirmed that my invitation was ready and they can either give it to me so I collect the visa at the border or they issue the visa. I went to the embassy and got my visa for £40. It’s date specific and has my entry and exit points printed on it.
1 x