Yes, I got it!
82%
No, got rejected :-(
18%

Total votes: 112

FRT15

Re: Turkmenistan transit visa poll

Post by FRT15 »

I am a US citizen and am interested in a Turkmenistan transit visa. I have a few questions and am hoping someone can chime in. Do I have to arrive and depart by a land border or could I arrive and depart through Ashgabat airport?

Do I apply for the transit visa with an embassy in the US or would it be possible to obtain on arrival? I suppose in the case of on arrival I would be in trouble if they decided not to give me one.

My interest in the transit visa is so that I don't need to pay for or be tied to an operator for an extended period of time.

Thanks
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

Read the visa page.
0 x

Mirmiru

Post by Mirmiru »

I applied for a transit visa in Paris in the beginning of January 2018 (single male, self driving). The required dates were at the end of March. I got a positive answer by mail at the beginning of February and then picked up my visa in Istanbul.
1 x

eccles1

Post by eccles1 »

How do you send off a transit visa application online? The London embassy says you need to do it in person, but have heard of people doing it online? Do you just send an email to the email address listed on the embassy website stating that you are applying for a transit visa?
0 x

steenaa54

Post by steenaa54 »

Applying in Astana/Nur-Sultan.
I intend to apply there as it will be the first country i visit in the region. Anyone who have experience with this embassy?
I can then pic it up about 3 weeks later in Tashkent or Dushanbe. Sounds that Dushanbe is not as busy as Tashkent?
Thank you
Steen
0 x

braj

Post by braj »

Applied in New Delhi - got the approval letter in about three weeks. I was told by the embassy in New Delhi that I can go to the land border with the approval letter, and the immigration officials at the border will give me entry and stamp my passport. Not sure if that’s accurate - so I will in any case see if I can pick it up in Tashkent this /next week.
0 x
Travelling the Silk Road by public transport. Current location - Uzbekistan.

wanderlust2

Post by wanderlust2 »

Adding myself to the list of successes. :D
Applied in Tashkent on July 12 and received visa on July 22. US passport, paid 10 USD + 20,000 Uzbek Som at the time of application. Additional 45 USD at pickup. I did try to get 7 days but was told it is impossible.

Giddy with delight right now! I have met one other traveler (Japanese national) who also received his visa the same day after 2 week waiting period. Maybe the idiosyncratic Turkmen visa is a thing of the past?
0 x

wanderlust2

Post by wanderlust2 »

Forgot to add:
Met a Spanish guy in Samarkhand (on his motorbike) who said he got this visa in ONE HOUR in Dushanbe! No sticker but a letter which he will show at the border. ?? Anyone else ever heard of this? I just hope for his sake, that it is legit and he gets in.
0 x

eccles1

Post by eccles1 »

On the transit visa, what is required for:

Velayat of stay
Etrap of stay

Thanks
0 x

noahdich

Post by noahdich »