Yes, I got it!
82%
No, got rejected :-(
18%

Total votes: 112

zoey_wong

Re: Turkmenistan transit visa poll

Post by zoey_wong »

Female, 35, holding Hong Kong SAR passport.

I applied the Turkmenistan 5-day transit visa in Bishkek on 13 July this year, and got a news from the turkmen embassy in Tashkent on 31 July that it was issued. They asked me to pick up the visa at the border, however they didn't send me confirmation letter nor give me any ref. no.

When I left Uzbekistan and arrived the first border control in Turkmenistan, they didn't allow me to go without visa. I explained that the embassy asked my to pick up here, they asked me for ref. no which i don't have. After struggling for nearly an hour, they took my passport and went somewhere, then came back and said ok.

At the custom I paid $73 for everything, waited for around 3 hours for luggage checking, finally entered Turkmenistan.

I heard from some tourists they got 7 and even 9 days transit visa, the approval rate is much higher this year. But remember to get the letter or reference no. before heading to the border.
3 x

Koen

Post by Koen »

Applied in Dushanbe month ago and got denied.
Don't know the reason.
2 x
Rollingdutchman @ instagram

TheVantasticBrice

Post by TheVantasticBrice »

Applied in Ankara, friendly staff and we (belgian and french passeport holders) got the letter in 8 days. Now we are going to pick up our visas in Téhéran... and try to change the date as the letter is non specific on the date. We will see...
0 x

TheVantasticBrice

In Teheran we got the transit visa and we were able to change the date of our entry after receiving the LOI
0 x

Gone For A Drive.

Post by Gone For A Drive. »

Applied in Vienna beginning of February 2019 via E-Mail. Austrian & German passport, married, recidency in Germany. We got the reference number for collecting the transit visa in Mashhad after several e-mail conversation and after paying a fee of 10 Euros / each. We didn't need to send in our passports - scans were sufficent. You need a Austrian passport to apply in Vienna. We were lucky to recieve the reference number fpr the german passport as well. It seems the refernce number is not date specific and is valid 3 month. We are planning to collect the transit visa in Mashhad.
In Frankfurt we were asked to mail the passports in.
1 x
Dagmar & Oliver
Driving the Silk Route - https://www.goneforadrive.com

sfymoises

Post by sfymoises »

TheVantasticBrice wrote:In Teheran we got the transit visa and we were able to change the date of our entry after receiving the LOI
Hi. We plan to get the transit visa in Tehran, too. How many days do you get the visa since apply it? We'd like to cross border between Bājgirān(IR)- Hawden(T), and Dasoguz(T) to Urgench(UZ), is that ok?

Thanks
0 x

TheVantasticBrice

In between 5 to 10 days but the best could be to ask for the visa in Teheran and to take it in Mashad ( you keep your passport with you).
These border looks good just ask at the embassy.
1 x

eccles1

Post by eccles1 »

I'm unsure what end destination to use for applying for a transit visa. I don't want to book a flight until nearer the date as I don't know the exact date I want to leave ashgabat yet. But I would need a flight to get the transit visa I think?

Or is it possible to enter and exit from different borders in Uzbekistan?

Thanks
0 x

Bethany

Post by Bethany »

Hello everyone,
Just to let you know the form for a Turkmenistan transit visa has recently changed. We filled out the forms from the Turkmenistan embassy of London website. We delivered these to the embassy and they checked them fine and then last week (2 weeks later) we got an email wih a new pdf form sent across.
Might not be an issue with other emabssies but wanted to flag.
Good luck with your apps!
1 x

robert

Post by robert »

The Frankfurt consulate also changed the forms on their website in May. The new ones have a QR code at the end.
1 x