Cheap accommodation for Turkmenistan: Q&A

All about Turkmenistan
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Cheap accommodation for Turkmenistan: Q&A

Post by steven »

Please leave your tips and reviews on cheap hotels and hostels in Turkmenistan below.

We summarize all info on the Turkmenistan accommodation page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

kkarina320

Cheap place to stay in Ashgabat

Post by kkarina320 »

Hey pls share some info about cheap places to stay in Ashkhabat... Hotels, hostels, guesthouses... The chaper the better haha. How to arrange home stay there??

Thankssss
Karina
1 x

Peshwari

Cheap accommodation for Turkmenistan: Q&A

Post by Peshwari »

I do hope such a thing exists, if not I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay. Not so hot on Couchsurfing or staying with locals as I'm a solo woman. If anyone could give me some advice I would really appreciate it!

-POST EDIT, Located super cheap accom!!

There is a hotel super close to the railway station in Mary, right next to the Marshrutka station. Its a huge white building which has a green and yellow sign at the top that says "MYHMANHANA", I think its the Turkmen word for hotel? Anyways, there is a shared bathroom on one side of it (it has a sign saying "banyo") and a cellphone repair shop on the other side. The rooms themselves arent great however they are FIFTEEN MANAT per night, yes thats right. 15 manat. Just take the reception guy some cigarettes and he'll be your best friend. I'm pretty sure that the check out time is 8.30 am or so however, so just keep that in mind.

In Turkmenabat the cheap option in LP, Gurlyscky (or something like that) is a solid choice. 55 manat per night and run by a group of really lovely women. The food they serve there is fantastic and super cheap. Just check the bathrooms first.. ;)
Last edited by Peshwari on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

brigante32

Re: (Cheapish) Accomodation advice for Mary and Turkmenabat

Post by brigante32 »

About "cheapest" accomodation in Mary.

I have been there 1st May. Yes, this hotel exist but you had a lucky. 15 manats is cheapest price for Turkmen in 4-bed room (15 dollars for foreginers 4-bed room). So, when I was there I meet very old man and he show me price list on the wall (in Russian, I speak Russian) and there I found information about this. Normall single or double room is 35 or 45 dollars (I dont remeber). Rules and prices are simple. If Turkmen pay 20 manats, you pay 20 dollars.
So, you had a lucky.

PS. I tried negotiation but without success. I had more lucky in Syyahat Hotel Ashgabat (normal price 25 dollars after bargain - 15 dollars).
1 x

Peshwari

Re: (Cheapish) Accomodation advice for Mary and Turkmenabat

Post by Peshwari »

Hmmmm are we definitely talking about the same hotel?

There was no old man to be seen at mine and no price list written up in the wall either? Perhaps you are right. It did seem a little too good to be true.
1 x

brigante32

Post by brigante32 »

I stayed in Syyahat Hotel (may) Gorogly St 19-21, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. Start 25 dollars, after bargain 15 dollars BUT I asked for a poor room and it was a very poor room (but with hot water). Including breakfast.
4 x

Mendameoro

Re: Cheap place to stay in Ashgabat

Post by Mendameoro »

Hello Karina,

We tried the cheapest one in Ashgabat, the name is Hotel Dayhante. Here is the link: https://www.tripadvisor.es/Hotel_Review ... vince.html

The hotel is not very clean, but it is the cheapest choice. The will ask for 50$, but finally the will accept 40$ 8(private room, two people)

http://www.dejarlotodoparaviajar.com/pr ... kmenistan/
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Got the following on the Syyahat hostel, putting it here until I get the time to write the Ashgabat accommodation chapter:

In Ashgabat, there’s only one hostel, Syyahat hostel. You’ll get a bed in a dorm for 10$ per night. Being the cheapest option, all the travelers go there and there’s often no beds available. Knowing it’s not possible to book, you have to go directly there. I heard the place is not very clean, there’s no internet, but backpackers are fine with that for one or two nights.

from: https://www.beenaroundtheglobe.com/trav ... kmenistan/
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Jerome21

Post by Jerome21 »

Dear All, on 6th April 2018, I think I found the best deal for Ashgabat Hostel:

Kuwwat Hotel - 101 Kemine street - +993 12 93 66 51. If you are using google map the street name will be correct but the number is not matching. The hotel is in the center of the city and around 2km form the railway station, just perfect...
I paid 10 US$ / night for 2 nights! I did not negotiate because it is a fair price.

The hostel rooms are composed of 2 to 4 beds/room. I had a room for 2, there was table, chairs, cupboard. The rooms are clean, the bed sheets are changed.

There are 2 or 3 ladies which work full time for cleaning and taking care of the common area. For the man, sorry but the toilets and bathroom can be improved. For the ladies, it is better.

There is hot water available for the guests and a kitchen where you can prepare a meal but not cook.

There are cameras, it is open 24/7, the staff was really helpful and nice to me. I was the only foreigner in that hostel.

Say hi to them from the French cyclist!
5 x

Silvio

Post by Silvio »

In Mary we (2 persons) stayed at the hotel which was already mentioned by Peshwari. We payed 60 manat for a double room. Very good price. At first the guy asked for 300 manat. But finally we payed 60 manat without a lot of Negotiating ..... actually we dont know, why he reduced the price that much. The room was quite poor. Toilet and shower was in another building next to the hotel.

In Ashgabat we stayed in the Kuwwat hotel which was already mentioned by Jerome21.
Luckily we only payed 200 manat for a room with 3 beds. Originally they wanted to give us a room with one bed for 200 manat. But because this room was finally already occupied, they gave us the other room for the same price. I think the normal price is 10usd/150manat per person.
The hotel itself was quite nice and comparable clean.
It is not that easy to find. After arriving at the address we asked the neighbours around there and they showed us.
2 x