Turkmenistan Transit Visa - date specific or not?

All about Turkmenistan
Gone For A Drive.

Turkmenistan Transit Visa - date specific or not?

Postby Gone For A Drive. » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:25 pm

As mentioned in the page https://caravanistan.com/visa/turkmenistan/ most embassies now give non-date specific visa invitations. In our 5 day transit visa authorisation code letter it says "This invitation is valid till 13.05.2019 and will be used once".

Since we got this letter via e-mail from the vienna embassy and they do not reply anymore to the question, if the authorisation code is date specific or not, and as we wrote specific dates in our application I would like to ask for personal experiences. We would love to stay some more time in Iran and entry Turkmenistan later than we mentioned in the application.

We plan to collect the visa in Mashhad but don't want to risk it. Thanks for any personal experiences.
0 x
Dagmar & Oliver
Driving the Silk Route - https://www.goneforadrive.com

ajay_fidelio

Re: Turkmenistan Transit Visa - date specific or not?

Postby ajay_fidelio » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi,

I spoke on telephone with Consulate person, He asked me to send the copy fo documents by post , I forget to ask for the fees , as expected I cannot reach anyone one again on telephone since 3 days.

Do one have to pay beforehand for the Turkmenistan transit visa, and attach the paid reciept in the document. ?
if yes , how much is the fees for Transit visa , is it :
(bis zu 10 Tagen Aufenthalt 35 EUR (Schnellerteilung – 55 EUR) )
0 x

MrIdK

Postby MrIdK » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:56 am

Do one have to pay beforehand for the Turkmenistan transit visa, and attach the paid reciept in the document. ?

Yes. At the Berlin embassy you have to pay 35€ for 20 workdays processing time or 55€ for 10 workdays processing time.
0 x

wanderlust2

Postby wanderlust2 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:29 am

I can speak only for the visa obtained at Tashkent Embassy. Date specific, with exit on 5th day. Entry and exit points printed in the visa. No changes possible as per the embassy staff.
2 x

flo_sg

Postby flo_sg » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:36 pm

I received mine from the Geneva consulate. Mentions validity of 5 days up until October (I intend to travel in August). The letter does mention the port of entry but does not state the point of exit that I wrote on the application. I wonder whether I actually need to leave through there or can also leave via Ashgabat airport?
0 x

eccles1

Postby eccles1 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:51 am

flo_sg wrote:I received mine from the Geneva consulate. Mentions validity of 5 days up until October (I intend to travel in August). The letter does mention the port of entry but does not state the point of exit that I wrote on the application. I wonder whether I actually need to leave through there or can also leave via Ashgabat airport?

Hi,

Did you write specific entry and exit dates on your application form?

Thanks
0 x

flo_sg

Postby flo_sg » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:19 am

Actually it does say both entry and exit, I seemed to have overlooked this.
0 x

SafetyNoodle

Postby SafetyNoodle » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:28 pm

I applied in Moscow where I had to write specific dates on the application. I went to pick up my transit visa in Baku and was given a letter of invitation that I was told could be used at the Turkmenbasy Port where I could also pay the visa fees in USD. The letter of invitation doesn't specific dates but is instead valid for the next 3 months after issuance.
1 x

GMJA

Postby GMJA » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:47 am

We applied in Berlin and we had to provide entry date and for how long we need visa. However we recieved invitation codes without specifica date, just said we have 5 days.
1 x

steenaa54

Postby steenaa54 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:28 am

I got mine in October 2019 from Bishkek embassy. Picked it up in Dushanbe. It was date specifik, but I was asked before which dates i wanted.
0 x