travel in Iran for Canadians, Americans, British

All about Iran
[email protected]

travel in Iran for Canadians, Americans, British

Postby [email protected] » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:47 pm

I have read all the posts and understand that you generally must have a tour with a registered company (who are responsible for you) and apply for visas at least 2 months ahead of time because of delays. That would mean booking tours at least that far ahead. I have looked at the two tours offered through Caravanatan - both great deals with the 12-day tour for about $850 whereas 14 days with Intrepid were over $3000. I don't understand the huge price difference. I would prefer to travel independently and not with a tour.
I am wondering if anyone has arranged for an individual to meet you at the border or airport, arrange the "tour" and then let you travel independently. This would involve a negotiable fee - maybe a bond to guarantee good behaviour. I have heard nothing but positives from anyone traveling in the country. Along as you show common sense, it is very unlikely to have problems. They would love the foreign currency.
I have no idea how to contact someone. Can anyone advise if this is at all possible, and if so how to go about arranging. I wonder if posting a general trip on couchsurfing have any value? Is there an Iranian gumtree?
I will be traveling in the Middle East in a VW California camper van and would love to bring the vehicle into the country if possible - is a carnet necessary?. I could enter Iran from Turkey or Azerbaijan (or fly into Tehran) and plan on exiting to Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.
Ron ---- go to www.ronperrier.net to see my 14 years of travel.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: travel in Iran for Canadians, Americans, British

Postby steven » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:53 am

Both driving you car with a guide and visiting Iran without a guide is not possible. There are also solutions. Instead of reading the posts on this forum, it is better to read the visa article where all of your questions have already been answered.

See https://caravanistan.com/visa/iran/#ame ... -canadians for all answers
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D