Travel insurance for Iran?

All about Iran
DanielPutnik

Travel insurance for Iran?

Post by DanielPutnik »

Hello. I got my MFA number for Iran :)
But I would like to know if really I need a travel insurance because I don't have. Somebody can confirm this?
Thanks!
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Travel insurance for Iran?

Post by bwv812 »

There may be some embassies or consulates that don't require it, but most do. I had to buy insurance when I picked got my visa in Bishkek, and there are other reports here where people have said they needed to show some proof. If you're traveling with a computer it should be fairly basic to fake a web page or printout suggesting you have insurance, if you want to go down that road. I ended up using my insurance to collect on a broken camera lens, so I actually ended up ahead.
0 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: https://silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com

twowheelredinski
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Travel insurance for Iran?

Post by twowheelredinski »

Congratulations on getting your code.

I applied/collected my visa from the embassy in Canberra, Australia, where I was asked only for my passport and proof of travel insurance. I used a photocopy of my invoice (from 'Covermore' insurance company). I suspect it would be fairly easy to generate your own.

In future you could also consider booking your flights with a credit card that offers complimentary travel insurance. Though be sure to check you need to be the cardholder and be mindful that coverage might be very limited.
0 x