All about Iran
Hound_Dog

Re: Iran coronavirus travel restrictions Q&A

Post by Hound_Dog »

newtourist wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:13 pm
Yranuaj354 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:29 am
Hello, I am in Iran, I managed to obtain the visa at the airport. It took around 1 hour, they had to check informations and make calls. And I wasnt the only one getting VOA.
I think there has been some confusions with your visa, it’s a pre-arranged visa to pick up at the airport, not the ‘’true’’ visa arrival.
Before Covid you could enter Iran without reference code, you just could come there and pay for the visa. That’s what i did 3 years ago
Definitely
0 x

tchekov

Post by tchekov »

I'm thinking about applying for a CDP to go to Iran with my car.
Right now I'm not sure if it's worth the risk, because I can't find a lot of information on the border crossings.

Does anyone know if the crossing from Armenia is (still) open?
We want to go end of April/beginning of May.
Thanks!
0 x

ggtenco

Post by ggtenco »

yeah it is open and will be
1 x

maxg

Post by maxg »

Does any body know whether the PCR test is still required (German passport, passing from Turkey to Iran). There is conflicting information online and the locals say it is no longer required (but possibly only for Turkish/Iranian citizens). Thank you!!
0 x

interrailer

Post by interrailer »

maxg wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:08 pm
Does any body know whether the PCR test is still required (German passport, passing from Turkey to Iran). There is conflicting information online and the locals say it is no longer required (but possibly only for Turkish/Iranian citizens). Thank you!!
On 10th March it was still required to show a PCR. And a friend who entered on 12th also needed it. But maybe something changed during the last week, although Austrian MFA still says that it is required.
1 x

maxg

Post by maxg »

interrailer wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:12 am
maxg wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:08 pm
On 10th March it was still required to show a PCR. And a friend who entered on 12th also needed it. But maybe something changed during the last week, although Austrian MFA still says that it is required.
Thank you! Yes I needed one today when I crossed the border. Greetings from Tabriz!
1 x

tchekov

Post by tchekov »

ggtenco wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:18 pm
Thank you :)

One more question came up: the German Foreign Office states that you need a third injection 9 months after the second dose. Do you guys have information on that?
0 x

jav005

Post by jav005 »

tchekov wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:55 am
ggtenco wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:18 pm
Thank you :)

One more question came up: the German Foreign Office states that you need a third injection 9 months after the second dose. Do you guys have information on that?
I crossed that border (Armenia to Iran) on February the 24th, and was asked nothing related to Covid, just passport and visa: (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=842&p=39597#p39597) So, the situation had changed from the time of this report, from Jan 21:
I successfully crossed the land border from Armenia to Iran. I did the Pcr test at the border for 10 000 dram. They don’t accept every pcr so be sure to ask. The gave me also a insurance card for 2000 dram.
I was expecting the requirement for a PCR, so went directly there, still before the point where you get your Armenian exit stamp, and those there knew it was not needed for entering Iran, and told me so. So I was surprised to read here that it is asked when entering from Turkey.
0 x

backpackpetz

Post by backpackpetz »

I'm currently in Turkey and will go to Iran in 3-4 weeks. I just wanted to apply for the visa grant notice at TapPersia but there is the information that the visa for Iran is just valid for 30 days.I thought it would be 3 months.
Is it true that you get the visa just for 30 days?
0 x

interrailer

Post by interrailer »

backpackpetz wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:24 am
I'm currently in Turkey and will go to Iran in 3-4 weeks. I just wanted to apply for the visa grant notice at TapPersia but there is the information that the visa for Iran is just valid for 30 days.I thought it would be 3 months.
Is it true that you get the visa just for 30 days?
Yes and then you can extend it in Iran again...
1 x