Iran coronavirus travel restrictions Q&A

All about Iran
emarosa

Iran coronavirus travel restrictions Q&A

Post by emarosa »

Hi there,

I am planning to be in Iran at the end of January but was wanting to hear from some travelers currently there. Has there been a noticeable change in atmosphere ? Do you feel like anything has changed safety wise with the new developments ?

Looking forward to any thoughts or feedback
0 x

Lovetheworld

Re: Anyone currently in Iran ?

Post by Lovetheworld »

My neighbor just came back the weekend that you asked this question. He said it was all very relaxed.
The political situation has of course not been improving since then, but I think it should still be okay.

You will never have any guarantee, but in reality, it's usually not a big deal.
And nobody wants a war.
0 x

drivingthefareast

Post by drivingthefareast »

I will follow this tread for a bit.

Planning on entering Iran by car from Azerbaijan when i receive my visa(already applied)
0 x

Lovetheworld

Post by Lovetheworld »

Ok, so clearly the situation has changed a bit since my last comment and when the question was asked.
Now there are riots again in the big cities. So, the question is, will it go over or will it intensify?
0 x

CharlyG

Post by CharlyG »

Hello everyone,
I will be traveling in Iran in the coming months. I wanted to have some feedback as well on the situation there.
Could anyone currently in Iran provide some feedback ?
Thanks a lot!
0 x

drivingthefareast

Post by drivingthefareast »

Hi,

Been here for more than a week now. In the northers part of iran is nothing going on. They are more than happy to see you.

take care!

Niek
2 x

jwong

Post by jwong »

I left Iran a couple of days ago and wanted to post an update about the situation in Iran now that I'm safely out of the country.

If you're planning to travel to Iran during this coronavirus madness, I'd recommended you to defer your trip until this whole thing is over. Most museums and attractions are closed anyways so there isn't much you can see. Plus, there is the risk of facing a 14 day quarantine/isolation from your country of residence as many countries are now quarantining people that have visited Iran. Most international flights out of the country have been cancelled and all the land borders are closed and getting in/out of the country is very difficult. Even if you manage to find a flight out, you might be faced with a quarantine order.

As well, if you have an Asian complexion (I'm ethnically Chinese and hold a Hong Kong and a Canadian passport), be prepared for hostilities as many Iranians will assume you to be from China and will make you feel quite uncomfortable and will make unwarranted coronavirus comments. I experienced difficulty finding hotels to accept me as they would not accept anyone Asian and some would only listen to me when I told them I'm from Canada. Definitely not a good time to go if you're Asian.

Despite that, I was in the country before the number of cases exploded and my experience was night and day. People were very friendly and passionate towards foreigners but the situation went 180 after the outbreak to becoming hostile and uncomfortable. Such a shame because Iran is an amazing country and I would love to go back when this whole thing is over. Things are very cheap and the black market rate is still very much alive ($1 USD ~ 150,000 rials when I was there). Make sure to bring lots of cash as the country is pretty much cash only for foreigners.
2 x

Miguel

Is there a way to travel to Iran now?

Post by Miguel »

Hi,

Is it possible to get an iranian visa to enter in Iran in November 2020?
From embassy in France or Switzerland, it is impossible. They dont issue any.

Is there another way to get in ? At the airport?

Thanks for your help!!
0 x

AreWeThereYet?

Re: Is there a way to travel to Iran now?

Post by AreWeThereYet? »

This is what IATA & Timatic say on their website: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

(it's also the source of information for all airlines when deciding whether to allow a passenger on or not)

Now, would I attempt to go there for tourism (so unless it's really necessary, like for family reasons)? Mmmmh probably not.
1 x
www.awtytravels.com
Stories from the road.

Miguel

Re: Is there a way to travel to Iran now?

Post by Miguel »

Thanks!
I will check if I can get a student visa but I guess it might be the same restrictions...
0 x