Iran coronavirus travel restrictions Q&A

All about Iran
travelerthomas

Re: Iran coronavirus travel restrictions Q&A

Post by travelerthomas »

Hound_Dog wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:49 pm

Thanks for the clarification @travelerthomas , so if I were to go with the Grant Notice to Tehran Airport , would I be able to pick up the visa from there or is that still not possible because of the current situation?

In Tehran they were swift, welcoming and forthcoming. With the Grant Notice in hand, I don't expect you would have any problems. That's a yes, you can pick up your visa at the Tehran airport.
Last edited by travelerthomas on Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Iran closes borders for 15 days, starting from December 25: https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/world ... rns-354634
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

margonor

Post by margonor »

travelerthomas wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:45 am
Hound_Dog wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:49 pm

Thanks for the clarification @travelerthomas , so if I were to go with the Grant Notice to Tehran Airport , would I be able to pick up the visa from there or is that still not possible because of the current situation?

In Tehran they were swift, welcoming and forthcoming. With the Grant Notice in hand, I don't expect you would have any problems. That's a yes, you can pick up your visa at the Tehran airport.

Great to know, thanks so much, that will save me spending a few hours on the embassy in Istanbul.
0 x

uncle_sam01

Post by uncle_sam01 »

Just realized that I've ever reported my experience at the Iran-Armenian border!

I crossed on November 14th to Iran and back on November 20th.

Exiting Armenia was fairly straightforward, although not very intuitive, other than the guy spending 5 minutes to check literally every page of my passport with a magnifying glass leading to some very nervous Iranians behind me. No Covid related checks.
Entering Iran, they were very particular about the PCR test and did not like my EU app (where I uploaded my Armenian PCR test's QR code), so I had to show them the Armenian PDF format, which was ok in the end. My advice is have your PCR test printed out (all of the Iranians did). They did not check my vaccination at all. Passport control was very quick (the guy did it while I dealt with the health official). Customs/secret police people asked if I spoke Persian and gave up on any questions when I didn't.

Exiting Iran was very quick and simple, just an xray and a swift stamp onto the evisa printout. Then the passport guy got out his phone and asked me "what country?" via Google Translate (oh the joys of being a citizen of buttfuck nowhere :D ). I got to keep the evisa printout and they stamped it both in and out (unlike in 2019).
Entering Armenia was ok, but this time I had 3 officers with a magnifying glass. The health check took quite a while as the health official spoke neither English nor Russian and wasn't exactly happy with my EU vaccination certificate. Showed her the app first and then the printout but she did not like that it had no passport number. She ended up making copies of my passport and the vaccination certificate and then letting me go, which took around 10 minutes. She first asked for a PCR test, so I think someone with just an Iranian PCR test would've probably gotten through no questions asked.
1 x

olig

Post by olig »

steven wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:09 am
Iran closes borders for 15 days, starting from December 25: https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/world ... rns-354634
Any news?
I'm in Turkey and willing to cross one of Iran's land borders soon. But I don't really know where online to look for updated info. :? Didn't get any on MFA website.
0 x

portmanaus

Post by portmanaus »

In the embassy they say it’s not clear, there is no decision yet when it will be open
1 x

olig

Post by olig »

From what I understand of this post, it seems to be back to normal (I mean, back to how it was before Dec 25th, at least for travelers reaching Iran from neighboring countries)...
But any confirmation would be highly appreciated (: I'll try to get one tomorrow at the consulate (Istanbul).
0 x

FanGasp

Post by FanGasp »

I got the same info from Tap Persia. I'm on the way to Iran, I should cross the border tomorrow afternoon if everything goes fine. I keep you in touch.

Update: Doğubayazıt border with Turkey
Last edited by FanGasp on Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

olig

Post by olig »

FanGasp wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:26 pm
I got the same info from Tap Persia. I'm on the way to Iran, I should cross the border tomorrow afternoon if everything goes fine. I keep you in touch.
Oh perfect! please do. Your feedback will be so precious.
Which crossing are you heading to?
0 x

Hound_Dog

Post by Hound_Dog »

olig wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:07 am
From what I understand of this post, it seems to be back to normal (I mean, back to how it was before Dec 25th, at least for travelers reaching Iran from neighboring countries)...
But any confirmation would be highly appreciated (: I'll try to get one tomorrow at the consulate (Istanbul).
No

January 11, 2022 - 17:15
TEHRAN – Interior Minister Ahmad Vahidi has said travel restrictions for the neighboring countries and some African nations have been lifted.
A series of restrictions have been in place for two weeks, the minister said, adding that traveling to the neighboring countries is now allowed so that people from those countries can enter Iran holding a negative PCR test certificate provided that they have injected two doses of a vaccine.
For certain African countries, as well, the travel restrictions have been lifted, ILNA quoted Vahidi as saying. But for some European countries, including France and England, the restrictions are still in place, he noted.
The secretary of the National Scientific Committee of Coronavirus has warned that the Omicron-fueled surge in COVID-19 cases is likely to peak in the country in the coming weeks.
“Considering the outbreak of Omicron in the world, especially in our neighboring countries, including Bahrain and Kuwait, it seems that a peak of the variant could be seen in the coming weeks,” ISNA quoted Hamidreza Jama’ati as saying on Sunday.
Recent reports say around 500 persons have been identified with Omicron across the country, he said, adding that some 27 percent of the total tests conducted over the past week have been related to Omicron.
The rapid outbreak of the Omicron strain requires restrictions and preventive measures, or the country will face another peak in the next three to four weeks, Jama’ati stressed.
The first case of the Omicron COVID-19 variant was identified in Iran on December 19, 2021.
“Given that more than 89 countries around the world have confirmed Omicron cases and the World Health Organization has also announced this issue, we must also consider two points, the first one being the observance of health protocols and the other one imposing restrictions and quarantines.
Another important point is the issue of vaccination. Given that we have no other weapon against the virus, and even the children aged 7-11 must be inoculated,” he also said.
Therefore, quarantines are carried out on schools, universities, concerts, stadiums, restaurants, and clubs with more than 10 people, and other restrictions must be enforced, he suggested.
The National Headquarters for Coronavirus Control on November 27 banned arrivals from the African countries of Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, and Eswatini reacting to the new variant.
There are no direct flights from Iran to South Africa and travelers are not allowed to enter Iran, Iranians who want to travel must also be quarantined at the border to have two negative PCR tests.
Foreign tourists must buy coronavirus insurance from authorized companies when entering the country, and if they suffer from the pandemic in Iran, they will be provided with a place and treatment for 14 days.
Inbound passengers must have coronavirus insurance, which differs from the routine insurance coverage purchased by all tourists before the coronavirus era.
From the beginning of the prevalence of coronavirus in Iran (March 2020), the country has so far experienced fifth waves of the pandemic. The fifth wave began at the beginning of July
2 x