portmanaus

Re: Iran coronavirus travel restrictions Q&A

Post by portmanaus »

Did you cross land border?
0 x

olig

Post by olig »

He did. If I'm correct, s.he's traveling overland by bike and went thru Doğubeyazıt crossing
0 x

FanGasp

Post by FanGasp »

olig wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:38 pm
He did. If I'm correct, s.he's traveling overland by bike and went thru Doğubeyazıt crossing

Sorry, I wrote this message quickly ;)
but I confirm that I cross land borders through Doğubayazıt, by bike.
0 x

eachdubh

Post by eachdubh »

Hi Fangasp,
Great to see someone on a motorbike has gotten into Iran. I'm planning on doing the same but from Armenia. I've ridden from Ireland to Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey pretty hassle-free, now in Georgia but getting into Iran has raised so many obstacles. For example, are they requiring vaccination certs or is it only PCR test? Also I read somewhere about a limit of 250cc for the motorbike engine.
Have fun on those roads!
0 x

FanGasp

Post by FanGasp »

You need a vaccination certificate and a PCR test. But it's not clear for how long is the PCR test valid...
I can't tell you for motorbikes, my only motor is my muscles ^^
0 x

Hound_Dog

Post by Hound_Dog »

eachdubh wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:29 pm
Hi Fangasp,
Great to see someone on a motorbike has gotten into Iran. I'm planning on doing the same but from Armenia. I've ridden from Ireland to Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey pretty hassle-free, now in Georgia but getting into Iran has raised so many obstacles. For example, are they requiring vaccination certs or is it only PCR test? Also I read somewhere about a limit of 250cc for the motorbike engine.
Have fun on those roads!
It is amazing how long the story of the VERY temporary restriction on bikes above 250cc still hangs around. It lasted 3 months in 2019 then was withdrawn.
2 x

portmanaus

Post by portmanaus »

I successfully crossed the land border from Armenia to Iran. I did the Pcr test at the border for 10 000 dram. They don’t accept every pcr so be sure to ask. The gave me also a insurance card for 2000 dram. If you want you can give more than 2000 and the rest will be inside your card and you can also withdraw rial from the Zamin bank.
4 x

eachdubh

Post by eachdubh »

I contacted the Iranian embassy in Tbilisi who informed me that only vaccinated travellers may get a visa, contrary to what the embassy in Turkey had said. Whether they will relax the rules to only a PCR test remains to be seen.
By the way, watch out for very poor quality petrol in Georgia, my carburettor is very sick at the moment, still trying to get back on the road. Apparently, Gulf Oil is the reliable one, according to locals.
0 x

pete

Post by pete »

FanGasp wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:25 pm
You need a vaccination certificate and a PCR test. But it's not clear for how long is the PCR test valid...
I can't tell you for motorbikes, my only motor is my muscles ^^
Hi FanGasp,
with the bicycle in winter - respect !
isn't it very cold there right now ?
take care and good cycling !
0 x