Iran coronavirus travel restrictions Q&A

All about Iran
Hound_Dog

Re: Iran coronavirus travel restrictions Q&A

Post by Hound_Dog »

Valentin.vak wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:00 pm
Anyone entered iran recently. Im curious if vaccination is enough or i should also do a pcr
You dont have a choice. PCR test is reqd
0 x

uncle_sam01

Post by uncle_sam01 »

I got rejected :( Asked TAP Persia to reapply with my vaccination certificate and proof of occupation. Fingers crossed.
0 x

Eltjo1966

Post by Eltjo1966 »

First we applied via the government portal and waited 1 week. After that we decided to apply via 1stquest on thursday. We just got our aproval (grant notice). Our daughters waited for 2 weeks after aplying via the MFA portal but still no movement. They will apply now via an agent.

At this moment ihave a question: does anybody know how and where to get a PCR test in Erzurum?
0 x

Valentin.vak

Post by Valentin.vak »

Eltjo1966 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:44 pm
First we applied via the government portal and waited 1 week. After that we decided to apply via 1stquest on thursday. We just got our aproval (grant notice). Our daughters waited for 2 weeks after aplying via the MFA portal but still no movement. They will apply now via an agent.

At this moment ihave a question: does anybody know how and where to get a PCR test in Erzurum?
Every public hospital makes them. Just search for one near you. In Mardin it took me 6 hours and 170 lira to do it
0 x

Eltjo1966

Post by Eltjo1966 »

Valentin.vak wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:33 am
Eltjo1966 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:44 pm

Every public hospital makes them. Just search for one near you. In Mardin it took me 6 hours and 170 lira to do it
Thanx. I hope the 6 hours was waiting for the verdict and not waiting in a waitingroom.

Did you pass the border with Iran or did you do the test for Kurdistan?
0 x

Valentin.vak

Post by Valentin.vak »

Just passed the border with iran. Esendere / Serow. No probs but a big wait for carnet to be stamped. The guy was absent.

The wait was for the verdict. And i had to go back to the hospital to get the papers.
1 x

uncle_sam01

Post by uncle_sam01 »

Agency managed to get the visa the second time around luckily. Picked it up today in Yerevan - got it right after paying the fee at Bank Mellat, so same day service for the usual fee, ie. 50 Euros. Didn't want to see anything except my passport. Crossing the border on Sunday, so I'll report back.
0 x

Eltjo1966

Post by Eltjo1966 »

Arranged our visa in Erzurum. Only passport and 50 euro paid at a nearby bank. Before they returned our passport the second time we recieved our visa by email. In total a 2 hour job. So there is no necessity anymore to apply for fast visa. The people at tye cobsulate in Erzurum, in contrast to earlier remarks, are very nice and helpfull. Btw, we heard that it is not posible anymore to recieve/pay at the cunsulate in Trabzon.
0 x

Eltjo1966

Post by Eltjo1966 »

Bordercrossing @ esendere was quite smooth. Turkish exit side was even more easier then kapikule or ipsala. Only thing different was the seperation of drivers and passengers. On the Iranian side they collect our english pcr test and looked into our yellow vacination passport for the vacination. Pfizer and Jansen where ok. Most of the time was spend on the CdP part of the formalities. So no props.
0 x

njorka

Post by njorka »

Is it possible to get visa without vaccination?
0 x