Iran coronavirus travel restrictions Q&A

All about Iran
Yranuaj354

Re: Iran coronavirus travel restrictions Q&A

Post by Yranuaj354 »

travelerthomas wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:07 am
FWIW, I tried flying into Bandar Abbas with the Grant Notice, but was deported because they don't allow visa-pickuo for my citizenship(Norway/Schengen). They further specified I needed a Return ticket.

Online information leads one to believe it's possible to pick up the visa in Bandar Abbas, but that was not the case for me. In spite of heavy protests and lamentations, the message from the top brass was clear: There is no way to pick up the visa in Bandar Abbas with my Schengen passport. When I got in touch with 1stQuest afterwards, they also said it was very weird.

Your mileage may vary, but definitely something to keep in mind if you get some idea to start your journey in Iran from the South.
I am going in two days in Iran and I plan to get VOA at Bandar Abbas, your message makes me worry very much haha. I have grant notice, insurance, and a return ticket. I am from France.
Could you tell us what happend more precisely? How did you get deported? They asked you to pay for a flight and you waited in the airport until then?

Thank you.
0 x

Hound_Dog

Post by Hound_Dog »

Yranuaj354 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:16 pm
travelerthomas wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:07 am
FWIW, I tried flying into Bandar Abbas with the Grant Notice, but was deported because they don't allow visa-pickuo for my citizenship(Norway/Schengen). They further specified I needed a Return ticket.

Online information leads one to believe it's possible to pick up the visa in Bandar Abbas, but that was not the case for me. In spite of heavy protests and lamentations, the message from the top brass was clear: There is no way to pick up the visa in Bandar Abbas with my Schengen passport. When I got in touch with 1stQuest afterwards, they also said it was very weird.

Your mileage may vary, but definitely something to keep in mind if you get some idea to start your journey in Iran from the South.
I am going in two days in Iran and I plan to get VOA at Bandar Abbas, your message makes me worry very much haha. I have grant notice, insurance, and a return ticket. I am from France.
Could you tell us what happend more precisely? How did you get deported? They asked you to pay for a flight and you waited in the airport until then?

Thank you.
I dont want to further alarm you but I am not sure VoA is possible. Unless the suspension of that service has been lifted then you may require a visa in advance.
0 x

Yranuaj354

Post by Yranuaj354 »

Hound_Dog wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:57 pm
I dont want to further alarm you but I am not sure VoA is possible. Unless the suspension of that service has been lifted then you may require a visa in advance.
Well, I hope you are wrong, I applied 18 days ago and received my evisa grant notice 4 days ago, if VOA is not possible, how come the ministery accepted my application?
I also got informed by several iranian travel agencies that VOA is now possible.

Anyway everything is booked so I will try to enter Iran in two days, I will update here to tell you how it went.
0 x

_Ellen_

Post by _Ellen_ »

Best of luck and keep us informed!
0 x

margonor

Post by margonor »

Yranuaj354 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:04 pm
Hound_Dog wrote:
Well, I hope you are wrong, I applied 18 days ago and received my evisa grant notice 4 days ago, if VOA is not possible, how come the ministery accepted my application?
I also got informed by several iranian travel agencies that VOA is now possible.

Anyway everything is booked so I will try to enter Iran in two days, I will update here to tell you how it went.
I think you got confused with the same issue as I did, I am also planning to enter Iran in a couple days. It is actually not possible to get a VOA at the minute. What you can get is your visa approved, in other terms get the Visa grant notice you and I have and then pick upyour visa from the embassy or the entry port you selected in your application, in my case Tehran airport. I hope this helps.
1 x

Hound_Dog

Post by Hound_Dog »

Yranuaj354 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:04 pm
Hound_Dog wrote:

You are supposed to nominate where you collect the visa. The grant notice is only that, you must still submit it to an Iranian consulate for approval. Anyway, hope you make it.
0 x

Yranuaj354

Post by Yranuaj354 »

Hound_Dog wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:40 pm
You are supposed to nominate where you collect the visa. The grant notice is only that, you must still submit it to an Iranian consulate for approval. Anyway, hope you make it.
I did nominate it, when doing the application I precised that I wanted to get the visa at Bandar Abbas airport.
On my granted application it is written: "Holder of this document is authorized to enter the islamic republic of Iran and get the visa at Bandar Abbas international airport".
Anyway I will see what happens in the next hours.
0 x

Hound_Dog

Post by Hound_Dog »

Yranuaj354 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:30 am
Hound_Dog wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:40 pm
I did nominate it, when doing the application I precised that I wanted to get the visa at Bandar Abbas airport.
On my granted application it is written: "Holder of this document is authorized to enter the islamic republic of Iran and get the visa at Bandar Abbas international airport".
Anyway I will see what happens in the next hours.
Good luck, hope you make it!
0 x

Yranuaj354

Post by Yranuaj354 »

Hello, I am in Iran, I managed to obtain the visa at the airport. It took around 1 hour, they had to check informations and make calls. And I wasnt the only one getting VOA.
0 x

newtourist

Post by newtourist »

Yranuaj354 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:29 am
Hello, I am in Iran, I managed to obtain the visa at the airport. It took around 1 hour, they had to check informations and make calls. And I wasnt the only one getting VOA.
I think there has been some confusions with your visa, it’s a pre-arranged visa to pick up at the airport, not the ‘’true’’ visa arrival.
Before Covid you could enter Iran without reference code, you just could come there and pay for the visa. That’s what i did 3 years ago
1 x