Iran car insurance

All about Iran
SQRR

Iran car insurance

Post by SQRR »

Does any one know if it's possible to get a car insurance for Iran at the border coming from Ashgabad?
I could not find any information so far, I only know that I am required to have one.

thx for your help
0 x
From Switzerland with a Land Rover Defender to the Caucasus, Russia, central Asia, Iran, Arabian peninsula and further to Africa - www.matatu.ch

roro

Re: Iran car insurance

Post by roro »

Just to say I didn't pay for any insurance when I enter Iran with my car (2011 and 2015)..
RR
1 x

SQRR

Post by SQRR »

You never got stopped by police and asked for it?
0 x
From Switzerland with a Land Rover Defender to the Caucasus, Russia, central Asia, Iran, Arabian peninsula and further to Africa - www.matatu.ch

roro

Post by roro »

I've forget to say I have a "carte verte" (in french) which specify my French car insurance is valed for Iran.
But I've never been asked by police for it except at border post.
RR.
0 x

Mirmiru

Post by Mirmiru »

I crossed the border between Armenia (Agarak) and Iran (Norduz) in March 2018. I asked the Iranian customs officer how to buy a car insurance. As he didn't know much about it, he made a few phone calls and eventually found an insurance broker in Siahrood, about 20 km on the road to Jolfa. The insurance company is called Hafez Insurance (www.hafezinsurance.ir) and I paid about 50 EUR for 30 days.
0 x