Visa on arrival for Taiwanese

All about Iran
leaveyanalone

Visa on arrival for Taiwanese

Postby leaveyanalone » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:56 pm

hi there,

my friend (from Taiwan) and i (from HK) are going to travel the silk road, entering Iran from Turkemenistan. For HK passport, i will get a tourist visa in Iran embassy in HK in advance. For Taiwanese, its a bit tricky. They should be able to get visa on arrival, but is those visa only issued in the airport according to online information? that means if we are crossing border from Turkemenistan, it will be a problem, isn't it? So here is a possible solution, getting the authorization code or so called e-visa online in advance, then pick up the visa in Iran embassy in Almaty, then we can both have Iran Visa when we cross the border. Will that help to solve the problem?

if that can't work out, we may consider taking the plane, but that's also a bit waste of money. there is no direct flight even those two countries are next to each other. please correct me if i am wrong.

Originally i plan to cross the border from Uzeb to Turk, Kniva in and then Ashgabat out to Iran. so as the same cities i will fill for the transit visa form. But if i need to fly, can i still fill that way?

thank you very much
Yan
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Visa on arrival for Taiwanese

Postby bwv812 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:52 pm

leaveyanalone wrote:So here is a possible solution, getting the authorization code or so called e-visa online in advance, then pick up the visa in Iran embassy in Almaty, then we can both have Iran Visa when we cross the border. Will that help to solve the problem?

Getting a visa beforehand, whether in Almaty or elsewhere, is your best bet.

leaveyanalone wrote:Originally i plan to cross the border from Uzeb to Turk, Kniva in and then Ashgabat out to Iran. so as the same cities i will fill for the transit visa form. But if i need to fly, can i still fill that way?

You need to give them the actual border post when you apply for your Turkmen transit visa, so if you do fly out of Ashgabat the exit point is different than if you drive out of Ashgabat.
1 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: https://silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com

leaveyanalone

Postby leaveyanalone » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:17 am

my Taiwanese friend has applied a code for Iran visa from Iranian.com on 17th April and paid 45euro for the code. He plans to pick up the visa at Bangkok embassy during the time he visit Thailand on 10-15 May. but he told me the agency is not very responsive and i read so many bad things about this travel agency (few months to get iran visa) and afraid he may not be able to get the visa on time. Any suggestion? or is the Iranian.com really that bad?
i am worry sick cos i really want to go to IRan with my friend. My visa is already fixed. thank you
Yan
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:49 pm

Hi Yan,

do you mean iranianvisa.com? In that case, yes, it is a scam. We warn about it on our visa page http://caravanistan.com/visa/iran
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

leaveyanalone

Postby leaveyanalone » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:02 am

oh....
so can i find another agent and apply the code again? Do you think two application will crash and cause rejection ?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:26 am

I think you can. Explain to them the situation and ask if it is possible.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D