No bikes >250ccm / american brands allowed to enter Iran?

All about Iran
milindktrivedi

Re: No bikes >250ccm / american brands allowed to enter Iran?

Post by milindktrivedi »

Hi check this group on fb. There’s loads of information on same topic. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2019370 ... ?ref=share
0 x
br
milind
:idea:

traveLove

Post by traveLove »

We extended our Carnet de Passage in Iran. Both motorbikes are bigger than 250cc. To extend the Carnet, Iranian Customs and Automobile Club were involved. And none of them did not know anything about the strange rumors going on since summer 2018.
Why Transit Visa for Iran? It’s such a big country and we‘re here for 4 months now and feel stressed about the many many things to see&do... Better come to enjoy than to rush!
Silke
1 x

7days1shower

Post by 7days1shower »

It looks like people are now getting rejected at the border over 250cc

Any updates from very recent crossings?
0 x

Caetano

Post by Caetano »

Hi Ajay,

I ma very surprised to discover on the forum only questions about this "hot" topic.

Things changed since 1st April : my French friends came into Iran around Norouz, no issue. An other one -riding also a 1200cc- was stopped 21th April at Turkish border in Bazargan. In spite of a regular CPD, Iranian customs denied to him to import his bike as long as his one month visa. No news from him for a while...At once, something is not clear : 5, 7 or 8 days for transit visa for bikes ?

Don't panic, it's a new rule, concerning a little number of travelers, customs attitude can be different between several borders. Too early to collect enough knowledge.. I'm checking it on French bikers forum.
2 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Thanks Caetano, let's keep looking at this.

I imagine the 2 overland Hosseins would be good sources of info in this case.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Caetano

Post by Caetano »

Update : 2 French bikers allowed to come into Iran from Kapikoy border with 1200Gs both. 1 another blocked at Bazargan. He saw an Italian 1000CBR "abandoned ". French guy, with a CPD* and a one month visa decided to come into by foot and take a taxi for 12 days to follow the lucky ones (!)

To continue

* CPD released 10th of April by French Automotive club... For nothing (exclusively for Iran, in this case...)
2 x

Caetano

Post by Caetano »

New Update :

Transit visa for big bikes up to 5 days, no more ! As Turkmen transit visa. If you expect to stay a long time, don't plan to ride a big bike... sed lex, dura lex !
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Thank you very much, Caetano.

Is that then just bikes over 250 cc, or does this also include all American brands?
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Caetano

Post by Caetano »

Hello,

I'm glad to publish an interesting update... :cry:

First of all, split two cases : Do you want to visit Iran or to go through ? Transit visa means 5 days (as Turkmenistan), is allowed to bikes above 250cc. Tourist visa for 15 or 30 days, big bikes -US brand or not- not allowed.

Testimony of a Belgian biker :

You will find opposite the response to an email that I sent to the Belgian Embassy in Tehran following the refusal I suffered entry with a bike over 250 cc there is a little less a month. (From 1sr of April, the new measure)

Embassy response.
We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail and, following it, we contacted the Director of International Relations of the Touring Club of Iran. The latter has confirmed that for a month, the ban on entry of motorbikes exceeding 250cc has been reinforced. He said the ban has actually been in place for more than 30 years (as is the case in the country), but the customs authorities were turning a blind eye to tourists.

For a month, however, this measure seems to have been applied more rigorously, although he acknowledges that it also depends on who is to apply it. The Touring Club receives many calls from other embassies for similar cases, and the rigorous application of this measure has also been confirmed by the French Embassy in Tehran. He added that a meeting to try to solve this problem was being held today. Maybe they will reconsider their decision and grant an exception to imported motorcycles by passing tourists.
Last edited by Caetano on Sun May 26, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

FlapsUp

Post by FlapsUp »

Hey guys,
does anyone know if the transit option is still possible? Sure hurts racing through this impressive country, but I've been there before so a Transit that brings me to Pakistan would be just fine.
Oh and as I have read different things now: Does this transit option mean, I can enter the country riding my bike, but have to be out within 7 days, or rather that my bike is transported by truck and I have to travel on my own?

Cheers
0 x