Iran visa rejections Q&A

All about Iran
Handrup

Iran visa rejections Q&A

Post by Handrup »

Hello friendly helpers.
I am by bicycle. In Istanbul the consulate told me to make an application for the E VISA, which I did. And a week later I showed up at the consulate where they told me, that it had been rejected, and I got no reason -only a suggestion of trying again. Since I have left Istanbul heading towards Iran, I want to make the next application for the consulate in Erzurum, but I cannot make another E VISA application, because the page tells me that I already have one application working in the system.
I have written e-mails begging for deletion to both the iranean foreign ministry and the consulate in Istanbul, but have recieved no answer.
It has been 2 weeks since I got the rejection.
Is it possible to get a VISA just by riding to the border in Gürbulak maybe?
0 x

the_orgel

Re: Iran visa rejections Q&A

Post by the_orgel »

We got stuck in the system and could solve it by telling the embassy guy in Tbilisi to cancel our application.

Full report here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=729&p=22570#p22570
2 x

edoardo

IRAN e-visa rejection trying to get a VOA at the airport anyway

Post by edoardo »

Dear All,

I did the application for the E VISA in order to collect my visa faster at the airport. I just see today that my application has been rejected. I'm on a bicycle trip around the world and I just went home for the christmas holidays and thinking of coming back to Iran with a VOA. Do you think it is a good idea show up at the airport and trying to get the VOA there even if i was rejected? I will fly in a few days and no time to go to the embassy

Thanks
Edoardo
0 x

sebhoff

Re: IRAN e-visa rejection trying to get a VOA at the airport anyway

Post by sebhoff »

I've read about people doing this successfully (but can't remember where), but I haven't heard about anybody who tried and was sent back at the airport. So I suppose it's your best bet to try it out. Please report on your experience afterwards! (I've been holding back from getting an e-visa because I'm worried I'll end up in your predicament...)
Sebastian
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Via e-mail:

We had 2 rejected visa for travelling over land on to Iran. We still wanted to go to Iran so bought flights and flew with our bicycles from Baku to Tehran. We didn't apply again online and said on arrival we didn't have a visa.  The flight arrived at night and was full with Visa- free people. The whole procedure with only 3 others waiting there took 1,5h. During the small interview the  man promised a 30 day visa.

Then I asked about rejecting and told about our case. This ended up in giving a 60 day visa for enough time to see Iran by bicycle;) So it seems no problem with rejected e-Visa to ask for the VOA.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

edoardo

Post by edoardo »

Dear all, I could fly in and get my VOA without problem even if my application in Italy was rejected.
Thanks
Edoardo
1 x

USGallé

Post by USGallé »

My request trough the e-visa system was rejected. My request trough an agency, a few days later, was approved.
Full report: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2464&p=27334#p27334
3 x

Irati

Post by Irati »

Hello Steven,
Did you apply through the website or through agency?

We also got our visa rejected twice (through agency), and they didn't give us any explanation why. We were already once in Iran with our own 4x4...
0 x

Kiwibirdz

Post by Kiwibirdz »

So I have been through the e-visa rejection scenario. The stated reason, 'apply through travel agency' or similar wording. To be honest, I have found the Internet information therein very confusing. My understanding is you are best to just pay the additional money to let one of those sites apply on behalf. I assume they expect you to book a hotel etc and milk some commission. I didn't go down that route.

I flew Yerevan to Tehran with nothing but a e-visa rejection, hoping for a VOA. I'm a kiwi fyi. I can only speak for my own experience but it was pretty touch-and-go. First problem is boarding the plane, it was a triple manager showdown with some finger waving convincing them I could VOA. I have read on reddit and such places that plenty of people have been denied boarding from Istanbul etc. So luckily I got to Tehran.

So at this point remember we're talking about Iran, it's variable bureaucracy. I was given a cold reception, to paraphrase it was like, where is your visa, WTF, you thought you would just arrive no visa, this is a big problem. Took ages, they let me sweat in the corner thinking I could be deported. I was eventually let in, but a little bit theatrically stressing it was a generous exception and don't think about repeating this stunt. My bag had been thoroughly searched. I'd assume they picked over my social media and that kinda thing like I'm Mossad. Last thing I want to do is discourage travelers but that was my experience. VoA is technically possible but you may not even get to Tehran for starters. I think if you're in the Caucasuses and have a 50 euro flight then no big harm in trying but the risk-reward is pretty whack if you have time to sort your agency visa.

Safe travels
0 x

Roadtophnompenh

Post by Roadtophnompenh »

I tried also an e-visa last year when i was in Turkey nipping from a cocktail on Alanya-beach. I thought, who cares if it takes weeks, i am in the perfect place to wait here. It took about 2 weeks (if i remeber good, cocktails damaged a bit my memory) to get denial, and i decided to do it just with an agent, pay a night in a fancy Tabriz-hotel and just wait. It was done in a couple of days without any question at all, just pay agent, pay hotel, and was 3 days later in Erzurum to pick the visa up in their embassy. Its their business and way to get foreign currency in the land i would think. And about the hotel booking: if they know where you stay in front, they have the perfect opputunity to bug your room ofcourse. I stayed 3 nights in the same hotel in Tabriz, and on my floor (a high-one) was nobody, never, in 3 days. But every morning when i went to the elevator to have breakfast, someone just showed up and we were together in the elevator. I asked him "where do you come from", he replied Brazil. I speak fluent spanish and understand portugese also not to bad, when i answered him in portugese, he didnt understand me at all. Probably he was from secret service and they were watching me. But never had any problem in Iran, everybody very friendly all the way to the Pakistani border !!
2 x