Uzbekistan or Tajikistan visa for an Afghan citizen

All about Afghanistan
m.e.s..

Uzbekistan or Tajikistan visa for an Afghan citizen

Post by m.e.s.. »

Please remove this if this is not the right place for this post. Desperate times...
Is it possible for anybody to arrange an invitation to Tajikistan or Uzbekistan for a citizen of Afghanistan. I've got a friend in Mazar who can get to India if he can get out of Afghanistan. He needs to go to the Indian embassy and apply for a visa. He has assured me that he can get to the Uzbek or Tajik border, so applying for the Indian visa in Tashkent or Dushanbe makes most sense.
Is there any type of Tajik or Uzbek visa, for any length of time it would be possible for him to get?
0 x

cat_hag

Re: Uzbekistan or Tajikistan visa for an Afghan citizen

Post by cat_hag »

Hi M.E.S., desperate times indeed. There are two issues with this plan.

1. Both the Hairatan and Sher Khan Bandar crossings are closed to entry from Afghanistan so it is very unlikely your friend will be able to cross into either country any time soon.

2. The Indian government is currently refusing to accept or issue visas at their embassies for Afghans. Instead they've introduced a new e-visa system in response to the situation in Afghanistan called the e-Emergency X-Misc Visa. At the moment ONLY travelling on the X-Misc Visa is permitted for Afghan nationals.

If I were your friend, I'd apply for the X-Misc Visa online and wait for flights to resume from Mazar. A few Kam Air planes have actually landed and taken off from Mazar in the last few days, so may not be too long.
1 x

m.e.s..

Post by m.e.s.. »

Thanks, hopefully flights will resume before the Taliban stops people from leaving altogether. I'll pass on your advice to my friend.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

I see people are crossing into Pakistan by bribing border guards. I know people are crossing into Tajikistan as well, I don't know how they are doing it but I am pretty sure they don't have a visa.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

m.e.s..

Post by m.e.s.. »

I think the main problem would be that if he were to enter Tajikistan illegally he would have a hard time leaving it. but yes, it beats staying in Afghanistan
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi m.e.s, I sent you an e-mail.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D