All about Afghanistan
h.ahmadybirgani

Re: Current travel/safety conditions in Afghanistan

Post by h.ahmadybirgani »

OWNER wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:35 am
h.ahmadybirgani wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:59 pm
Even in most of the places, they stopped us and requested our passports, but they could not read its information and they did not know what to ask and what to do!!
Dear Hesam!
Sorry, but I have questions again. ))
Please tell me what language did you use to communicate in Afghanistan? I know that there are different nationalities and different languages. How did you manage to understand other people? Do you think my literary Russian language will be understood in Afghanistan? Or do I need something simpler, like English? ))))

Thank you!

P.S. I made a topic about my upcoming trip to Afghanistan, I will share information there. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15479&p=49911#p49911
Dear Owner,

In western, central, and northern Afghanistan, the people are speaking in Farsi (Persian), But, in southern and eastern parts Pashtoon is mostly working. So, English or Russian Do not work and you need your cell phone, some translator software, and body gestures to express what you want. Do not worry!

Cheers.

Hesam/
0 x

ccc

Post by ccc »

BTW does anyone know a number of civilian foreigners (tourists) killed by Taliban from 2001 until now in Afghanistan?
0 x

OWNER

Post by OWNER »

h.ahmadybirgani wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:57 pm
...Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Dear Hesam!
Sorry, but I have questions again. ))
Please tell me how you solved the problem with cash currency? You said that payment cards do not work in Afghanistan. How many US dollars can be brought into Afghanistan? Do I need to declare this amount at the border? Is it possible to freely take out the remaining currency from Afghanistan? I read that the Taliban prohibits the export of dollars and other currencies from Afghanistan.
Thank you!
0 x

h.ahmadybirgani

Dear Owner,

Yes, Talibans are very sensitive to dollars more than $500 per person. More than this amount you will get into trouble, as we got into trouble in Shir Khan Bandar, and they charged me $ 2000!! However, we were a family of four and they were convinced not to take them. The best option is to put your currency in different places to show you are having little dollars or euros like your pocket or hidden zippers. The good news is the Talibans are very honest regarding the money and are the enemy of bribes.

Cheers.

Hesam/
0 x

OWNER

Post by OWNER »

Wow! Very interesting! And most importantly - unexpectedly. Please tell me, Hesam, does such a simple thing as an entry customs declaration not exist in Afghanistan?
0 x

h.ahmadybirgani

Dear Owner,

Indeed, there is no official entry customs declaration and everything was oral for me. They will ask you, how much dollar do you have!!! Since you say I have for example $ 1000, they will request to show them and they will take your money and start counting!! Also, in Shir Khan Bandar our information was not registered into a PC and was written in one notebook!!
0 x

OWNER

Post by OWNER »

Fine. Let's say I enter Afghanistan via Tajikistan (Shir Khan Bandar) and declare $3,000 upon entry. After 7-10 days, when leaving Afghanistan through the same Shir Khan Bandar, I declare that I have (let’s say) 2500 US dollars. Please tell me - how do you think the situation will develop in this case?
0 x

h.ahmadybirgani

Owner,

Please note that the Talibans and officers just allow you to have $ 500 since you are leaving Afghanistan. Rest of which is taken by customers. Also, it seems there is no connection between entry and exit customs and sometimes they would not ask you how much money you have in entry. I think it would be better to show just a few dollars since you are leaving.
0 x

OWNER

Post by OWNER »

The situation with cash currency is unclear, but I will not hide dollars “in different places.” ))) I'm afraid that if they are found, it will be bad for me. I will take enough cash with me so that when I leave Afghanistan I will have no more than $500. Luckily, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan accept Visa cards.
I have one more question. This applies to the permit to visit the provinces, which is issued by the Ministry of Culture and Information. Has anyone received such permission?
0 x

h.ahmadybirgani

OWNER wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:37 am
The situation with cash currency is unclear, but I will not hide dollars “in different places.” ))) I'm afraid that if they are found, it will be bad for me. I will take enough cash with me so that when I leave Afghanistan I will have no more than $500. Luckily, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan accept Visa cards.
I have one more question. This applies to the permit to visit the provinces, which is issued by the Ministry of Culture and Information. Has anyone received such permission?

Hi Owner,

I did not face to have a permit for visiting the provinces. With an Afghan visa you can visit the entire country without any problem. But, for visiting historical monuments and ancient places with guards at the front door, they did not allow us to visit the historical sites and requested us to have a permission from the authorities in cities (Taliban authorities) !!! Very strange but happened to us, specifically for Herat monuments.

Happy Nowrooz.

Hesam/
0 x