All about Afghanistan
TheNonFlyingDutchman

Re: Current travel/safety conditions in Afghanistan

Post by TheNonFlyingDutchman »

h.ahmadybirgani wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:02 pm
OWNER wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:37 am
The situation with cash currency is unclear, but I will not hide dollars “in different places.” ))) I'm afraid that if they are found, it will be bad for me. I will take enough cash with me so that when I leave Afghanistan I will have no more than $500. Luckily, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan accept Visa cards.
I have one more question. This applies to the permit to visit the provinces, which is issued by the Ministry of Culture and Information. Has anyone received such permission?

Hi Owner,

I did not face to have a permit for visiting the provinces. With an Afghan visa you can visit the entire country without any problem. But, for visiting historical monuments and ancient places with guards at the front door, they did not allow us to visit the historical sites and requested us to have a permission from the authorities in cities (Taliban authorities) !!! Very strange but happened to us, specifically for Herat monuments.

Happy Nowrooz.

Hesam/
The Afghanistan travel whatsapp group and facebook group have lots of info about those permits. And there is a consistent stream of people who do get thenpermissions and are also asked for it everywhere. I’d check out those groups if I were you, also for other info on afghanistan travel.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

TheNonFlyingDutchman wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:29 am
The Afghanistan travel whatsapp group and facebook group have lots of info about those permits. And there is a consistent stream of people who do get thenpermissions and are also asked for it everywhere. I’d check out those groups if I were you, also for other info on afghanistan travel.
Could you provide us with the links for the most useful groups?
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

TheNonFlyingDutchman

Post by TheNonFlyingDutchman »

steven wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:02 am
TheNonFlyingDutchman wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:29 am
Could you provide us with the links for the most useful groups?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/afghani ... cale=nl_NL
https://www.facebook.com/groups/everypa ... cale=nl_NL

Afghanistan Travel Group and Every Passport Stamp. There you’ll find a lot of answers for afghanistan. The whatsapp group doesn’t have a link but is invite only. I asked the admin to add a friend before. I’m not always online here though, so you might want to ask in the first fb group for an add.
0 x

Sergei

Post by Sergei »

Hello all!
I will go to Afghanistan in a couple of weeks.
Would like to know about getting Afghan visa in Tehran. Hesam wrote he got visa in Tehran, i saw. Nothing's changed? How long does it take, how long i have to wait for a visa?
if you received an Afghan visa in Tehran recently, and it was a valid visa and you entered Afghanistan on it, can you share your experience?

I've heard that visa in Dushanbe is not valid for entering the country. With visa obtained in Tehran would be no problems?
Thank you a lot.
0 x

h.ahmadybirgani

Post by h.ahmadybirgani »

Dear Sergei,

An Afghan visa in Tehran takes 2-3 working days for an ordinary visa without any problem and costs $100, and 1 working day for a quick visa and costs $150 per person. But please note that If you want to enter Afghanistan by your owncar, the roadpass permission is necessary. Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be happy to help all travelers along the Silk Road and share my experience, as what I saw there.

Cheers.

Hesam/
0 x

OWNER

Post by OWNER »

Dear friends! Tell me from your experience - does GPS navigation work in Afghanistan? What programs did you use?
0 x

netllama

Post by netllama »

OWNER wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:19 am
Dear friends! Tell me from your experience - does GPS navigation work in Afghanistan? What programs did you use?
Yes it works. They have no money to setup GPS jamming infrastructure, nor any reason to care.
0 x

brigante32

Post by brigante32 »

Three tourists were killed in Bamyan: https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 024-05-17/
1 x

adi

Post by adi »

A money quote translated for those who do not read German.

This the current German Foreign Office “health warning”
Treffen Sie mit Ihren Angehörigen umfassende Vorkehrungen für den Fall, dass Sie z.B. wegen eines Anschlags, einer Entführung oder eines Unfalls nicht wie geplant aus Afghanistan zurückkehren können. Sie sollten beispielsweise Vollmachten für private und berufliche Erledigungen hinterlassen, ein Testament verfassen und Sorgerechtsfragen klären, falls Sie Kinder haben.
“Take comprehensive pre-emptive measures with your relatives in the event that you cannot return from Afghanistan as planned because of an attack, a kidnapping or an accident. For example, you should leave powers of attorney for private and professional deals, make your will and clarify questions of custody if you have children.” :o

Afterthought: Why is such a warning not issued for countries where in one year 300 shootings in schools occurred last year?
0 x

netllama

Post by netllama »

adi wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:19 pm
A money quote translated for those who do not read German.

This the current German Foreign Office “health warning”
Treffen Sie mit Ihren Angehörigen umfassende Vorkehrungen für den Fall, dass Sie z.B. wegen eines Anschlags, einer Entführung oder eines Unfalls nicht wie geplant aus Afghanistan zurückkehren können. Sie sollten beispielsweise Vollmachten für private und berufliche Erledigungen hinterlassen, ein Testament verfassen und Sorgerechtsfragen klären, falls Sie Kinder haben.
“Take comprehensive pre-emptive measures with your relatives in the event that you cannot return from Afghanistan as planned because of an attack, a kidnapping or an accident. For example, you should leave powers of attorney for private and professional deals, make your will and clarify questions of custody if you have children.” :o

Afterthought: Why is such a warning not issued for countries where in one year 300 shootings in schools occurred last year?
Because tourists haven't been shot in schools?
1 x