Current travel/safety conditions in Afghanistan

All about Afghanistan
jayjay

Re: Current travel/safety conditions in Afghanistan

Post by jayjay »

hello,
i have a flight to kabul in 2 weeks.
i still need a budget accommodation.
how can i find the WhatsApp group for backpackers in Afghanistan?

thx
0 x

OWNER

Post by OWNER »

h.ahmadybirgani wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:57 pm
Dear Owner,
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Regards.

Hesam/
Dear Hesam!
I recently returned from a trip to Afghanistan. The entire trip followed the route that I showed here. I want to thank you so much again for the information that you so generously shared!
Naturally, not all impressions from the trip are the same for you and me, but the main thing is the same - it was a very interesting and safe trip. Yes, it was difficult at times, the roads in Afghanistan can be very bad. But people are good. And this is the main point.
Perhaps in the photographs you will recognize the places you passed through.
Good luck!

2 x

h.ahmadybirgani

Post by h.ahmadybirgani »

Dear Owner,

Many thanks for your email and it is great to hear from you. Also, it is very good to see you have had a safe and adventurous trip to Afghanistan. It was my lowest duty to share my information with all that want to see the Silk Road Region.

Look after yourself.

Hesam/
0 x

TheNonFlyingDutchman

Post by TheNonFlyingDutchman »

Since I didn’t see any post in this thread, I think it might be good to share the link here:

https://apnews.com/article/afghanistan- ... e7fc65e316

Basically 6 people were killed by gunmen in Bamyan a couple of weeks ago. Suspects are IS.
For me this was quite alarming. I was there 2 weeks earlier, and it made me realise that the general safety that the Taliban provides, is absolutely not sufficient to prevent attacks like these.
For the whole of my trip I felt very safe, even while I knew that there’s still a constant threat of attacks from either IS or the NRF (national resistance front). I guess this event proved that the Taliban’s safety for tourism doesn’t mean too much.

I heard this tourist group was from Against the Compass, who are known for their trips to uncommon and ‘unsafe’ countries. For me this proves even more that still anything can happen in afghanistan, regardless of your guide. Yes, many people still travel to afg, and many without any problems. But I guess you can decide for yourself with the above mentioned info if you want to travel there now or not.

jayjay wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:09 am
how can i find the WhatsApp group for backpackers in Afghanistan?

thx
I posted links to a fb group one page back. There you can ask for access. The whatsapp group doesn’t have an invite link, but you have to be added by moderators. They’re also in that fb group.
0 x

netllama

Post by netllama »

TheNonFlyingDutchman wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:22 pm
Since I didn’t see any post in this thread, I think it might be good to share the link here:
you mean the same exact thread?
viewtopic.php?p=51545#p51545
0 x

TheNonFlyingDutchman

Post by TheNonFlyingDutchman »

netllama wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:03 pm
TheNonFlyingDutchman wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:22 pm
you mean the same exact thread?
viewtopic.php?p=51545#p51545
Haha wow, I must’ve been tired. Excuse me then!
Still I keep on being surprised how messages like these don’t seem to create any buzz on traveler channels, either this forum or whatsapp groups. You’d think it’s a life and death thing. But ok..
0 x