Which Afghan Borders open?

All about Afghanistan
The_Horse

Which Afghan Borders open?

Post by The_Horse »

I'm looking to enter Afghanistan (because I'm a selfish sociopath accordingto Stephen77 lol). The Pakistan border is open, so I'll be crossing from Peshawar. Are there any other international borders open? Ideally, I'd like to enter from Pakistan and leave through Uzbek or Tajik border. But there's a real dearth of information.

Thanks,
1 x

jetdude

Re: Which Afghan Borders open?

Post by jetdude »

A friend just used Torkham border to cross coming on a shared taxi from Peshawar
0 x

cat_hag

Post by cat_hag »

You cannot leave through Hairatan (Uzbekistan) or Sher Khan Bandar (Tajikistan). Both are closed for travellers, though open for some trade.
0 x

bamboo

Post by bamboo »

I’ve read some reports that land border between Tajikistan and Afghanistan is open. Some travelers have crossed successfully in the past few months.
1 x

LuisGFerreira

Post by LuisGFerreira »

The_Horse wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:59 am
I'm looking to enter Afghanistan (because I'm a selfish sociopath accordingto Stephen77 lol). The Pakistan border is open, so I'll be crossing from Peshawar. Are there any other international borders open? Ideally, I'd like to enter from Pakistan and leave through Uzbek or Tajik border. But there's a real dearth of information.

Thanks,
How did it went?
We would like to cross it, but at the moment not sure about the entire safety situation.
0 x

Roadtophnompenh

Post by Roadtophnompenh »

There is an guy on a austrian motobike who crossed afghanistan lately, coming from UZ an dheading to PAK, he does speak Urdu as he is born in Pakistan, he had no real big trouble, he crossed from Hairatan bridge in UZB to Torkham on PAK border. You can find him on youtube as adventurous archie !!
0 x

Cery

Post by Cery »

Hi, I just crossed Afghanistan on a motorbike and want to share some information.

I entered Afghanistan from Pakistan trough Torkham border. It took a few hours on Pakistani side because they had no idea how to deal with me. (Tell them right away you need to go to the customs officer.) On the Afghani side however, it was pretty straight forward but very unorganised.

There are many checkpoints where the Taliban might stop you and ask for your passport. They stopped me at least 10 times in 3 days. All of them were very friendly and happy to see foreigners.

Border to Tajikistan is open for international travellers as well. It took a while tough because they checked my phone, luggage and it felt like everyone needs to check my passport.

Note that this is my experience and their mood can change from day to day.

Safe travels,

Jan
2 x

beyondtwowheels

Post by beyondtwowheels »

im planing the same route in next june, enter from torkham and exit from shir kan bandar
where you apply the afghan visa? in peshawar or in islamabad?
do you travel with guide or arrange a permitt from kabul?

Cery wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:30 pm
Hi, I just crossed Afghanistan on a motorbike and want to share some information.

I entered Afghanistan from Pakistan trough Torkham border. It took a few hours on Pakistani side because they had no idea how to deal with me. (Tell them right away you need to go to the customs officer.) On the Afghani side however, it was pretty straight forward but very unorganised.

There are many checkpoints where the Taliban might stop you and ask for your passport. They stopped me at least 10 times in 3 days. All of them were very friendly and happy to see foreigners.

Border to Tajikistan is open for international travellers as well. It took a while tough because they checked my phone, luggage and it felt like everyone needs to check my passport.

Note that this is my experience and their mood can change from day to day.

Safe travels,

Jan
0 x

crotalus01

Uzbekistan Afghanistan land border and back.

Post by crotalus01 »

Planning on a return to Afghanistan (was last there in 2003) but crossing at Hairat from Uzbekistan. Is there any issues crossing back from Afghanistan into Uzbekistan currently? I've heard mixed things. I'm going back to Mazar (my favorite Afghan city), possibly Kabul for a couple days if Salan is passable - my trip will be in January LOL
0 x

crotalus01

Land border crossing

Post by crotalus01 »

Anyone know if I can cross into Tajikistan from Afghanistan at Shir Kahn? I'm getting conflicting info on whether I can cross back into Uzbekistan at Hairerat and want to have another option just in case.
0 x