Pamir Highway - Late September 2022

Share a ride on the Pamir Highway
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Please do not share personal contact details in your posts. Get in touch through the personal message system. Your PM stays in your outbox until the recipient logs in again.
3. Posts without a reply for more than 90 days are automatically removed.
4. Please report drivers sending you private messages. It helps us keep this board free from commercial intent.
Mike Baker

Re: Pamir Highway - Dushanbe to Osh - late Sept/early Oct 2022

Post by Mike Baker »

amyen wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:42 am
Hi! Anyone still looking to explore Pamir Highway in Aug? I am looking to go around Aug 25th and doing a 8-12 day tour. I am flexible with timing and duration, but looking to start/end in Dushanbe. Hoping to find people to join a tour with to split cost and also have traveling buddies.

Amy
Hi Amy. I can probably do from around 6 September. Is that too late for you?

Mike
0 x

Mike Baker

Post by Mike Baker »

tomnz wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:29 am
In case someone is planning anything else I have a month from late sep and want to explore the Pamir.
30 M New Zealand.
With the Kyzyl Art border closed I'm currently going to plan a bunch of hikes using public transport / shared taxis as much as possible but could join something more organised.
Hi Tom

I'm a fellow Kiwi but double your age! I'm looking at doing a 10-day round trip from Dushanbe that includes a couple of day-hikes, but I want to be out of the Pamirs by the end of September before the weather starts to deteriorate and passes might close. Might that work for you?

Mike
0 x

LUISBOAVIDA

Post by LUISBOAVIDA »

Hello,
I'm a solo traveler from Portugal. I am an expat working in Tajikistan and I would also like to tour the Pamir highway.
Planned dates are from 15/September to 25/September 2022.
Best Regards
Luis
0 x

TrevtheCanuck

Post by TrevtheCanuck »

Hello all,

We are two Canadians (early/mid 30's m/f) also looking around this time (Sep 22ish). Everyone seems to be giving themselves 9-10 days for this trip..... We were looking at 6 days max. Is that too little? We were planning on Dushanbe-Osh but it sounds like that also won't be an option now (ffs). What agencies are you guys/gals using? Anyone doing the self drive? Has this thread started a Russian Speaking Canadian/German convoy?!?!

Thanks,
Trev
0 x

Mike Baker

Post by Mike Baker »

TrevtheCanuck wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:40 am
Hello all,

We are two Canadians (early/mid 30's m/f) also looking around this time (Sep 22ish). Everyone seems to be giving themselves 9-10 days for this trip..... We were looking at 6 days max. Is that too little? We were planning on Dushanbe-Osh but it sounds like that also won't be an option now (ffs). What agencies are you guys/gals using? Anyone doing the self drive? Has this thread started a Russian Speaking Canadian/German convoy?!?!

Thanks,
Trev
Hi Trev

I started thinking I could do it in 6 days but decided I wanted to go as far as Karakul via the Wakhan and Barteng valleys and to do a couple of day-hikes to Engels Meadow and Jizeu to get out of the car! Even at 9 days I had a 13-15-hour day back from Jizeu to Dushanbe, so I am now starting to think about 10 days.

I am talking to a number of agencies I found in Lonely Planet and Bradt guidebooks and drivers I found on indyguide.com. I'm also talking to some fellow travellers about possible dates to ride-share, but not to self drive - I don't want to be trying to find a homestay in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night and not speaking the local dialect!

If the ride-shares don't work out and you are looking to share costs, I could possibly do around 20th September, but would like to be out of the Pamirs before the end of September, when the weather might make some routes impassable.

Hope that helps.

Mike
0 x

tomnz

Post by tomnz »

Hey Mike and Trev,

I'll be hiking in the Fann Mountains and back in Dushanbe late arvo on the 23rd.
The m41 is open year round so getting up to karakul should be fine but may affect hikes you're thinking of. would have to ask someone who knows about the area. I could do 24th-3rd though... (or however long, i dont have to be back in kazakhstan til the 15th)
0 x

Laylarni

Post by Laylarni »

LUISBOAVIDA wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:23 am
Hello,
I'm a solo traveler from Portugal. I am an expat working in Tajikistan and I would also like to tour the Pamir highway.
Best Regards
Luis
Hi Luis,

I will be in the region around this time and would like to ride share.
0 x

jfilip8

Post by jfilip8 »

As it turns out I'm trying to join a group of two cars going up the Pamir Highway from Dushanbe and back starting September 15. Message me if you're interested in joining, as there's one, possible two spots left!
0 x

jfilip8

Post by jfilip8 »

Laylarni wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:35 pm
LUISBOAVIDA wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:23 am
Hello,
Best Regards
Luis
Hi Luis,

I will be in the region around this time and would like to ride share.
Hello,

Have you connected with Luis regarding the trip? If not, I am available around the same time as Luis and will hopefully be able to join him and others in a second car, if we have enough travelers.

Best,

Joe
0 x