Pamir highway mid-November

Share a ride on the Pamir Highway
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Please do not share personal contact details in your posts. Get in touch through the personal message system. Your PM stays in your outbox until the recipient logs in again.
3. Posts without a reply for more than 90 days are automatically removed.
4. Please report drivers sending you private messages. It helps us keep this board free from commercial intent.
Shnikser

Pamir highway mid-November

Post by Shnikser »

*Temporarily on hold - investigating the way to pass the Tadzhik-Kyrgyz border, which is officially announced to be closed for tourists*

Hello, I'm Nikita, traveller from Russia, plan to start to Pamir highway from Kazakhstan,Shymkent on 7th or 14th of November (not yet decised) on my own well-prepared car (Mitsubish Pajero Sport).
The plan is to move to Dushanbe, obtain the permission for the border zone, then move to Tavildara, then ride through the lower road (Ishkashim) to Osh (Kyrgyzstan) and return to Shymkent.
Nevertheless, the weather could be tricky and route could change in case of massive snowfalls or strong frosts.
Still no plans where exactly to stay there, will decide basing on the cicrumstances. Plan to drive not too fast (obviously slower than the locals).

I have already been there in may 2019 on a motorcycle (but on a slightly different route through Dzhelondi), so have some experience.
I speak intermediate English and Russian.

Looking for 1-2 teammates to share fuel costs.
Feel free to contact me https://www.facebook.com/nikita.s.shvetsov if you are interested, may dicsuss the dates (+-2-3 days, I'm kinda versatile).

BR
Last edited by Shnikser on Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

willemspie

Re: Pamir highway mid-November

Post by willemspie »

You can't drive to Osh. The border is closed. You will have to drive back to Dushanbe.
0 x

Shnikser

Post by Shnikser »

Hi Willemspie, thanks for the update. Hopefully situation will change (i googled that there was a meeting between Kyrgyzstan and Tadzhikistan in mid-Sep). The other way is to obtain official paper from Kyrgyz Ministry of tourism - kinda risky but could work. Thank you for the feedback, will put this topic on hold until getting some clarifications from the officifals.
0 x

Shnikser

Post by Shnikser »

The other option (not the worst) is to drive only through Tadzhikistan - eg to Murghab via the lower road, and back via the upper road (which is much better). I'll update the topic accordingly.
0 x

Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Doubt the borders will re-open.. things move slowly in this region.. maybe 10 years.
0 x

darui

Post by darui »

sounds great. I want to discover that wonder place too in the future. Nowadays I am fond of domestic traveling. For example,Westgate's latest resorts where I used to spend last week. It was incredible feeling and experience. If you want to rekindle your creativity, you can travel to a place you’ve never been before. It is because new experiences increase both cognitive flexibility, the depth and integrativeness of thought and the ability to make deep connections between. Cognitive flexibility plays an important role in overall creativity, which is defined as a person’s ability to evaluate various ideas and perspectives one after the other.
0 x