Osh to Dushanbe early Oct

Share a ride on the Pamir Highway
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Please do not share personal contact details in your posts. Get in touch through the personal message system. Your PM stays in your outbox until the recipient logs in again.
3. Posts without a reply for more than 90 days are automatically removed.
4. Please report drivers sending you private messages. It helps us keep this board free from commercial intent.
tapacharya

Osh to Dushanbe early Oct

Post by tapacharya »

With reports of the border being open, I'm hoping to be able to go one-way from Osh to Dushanbe in a rental car + driver. I'm looking for potential travel companions to share the cost with. My itinerary is not fixed yet, but I will likely arrive in Bishkek around Sept. 23. So the earliest I'll be able to make it to Osh is Sept 30/Oct 1. If the border is not open to local drivers by that time, I'll end up skipping Kyrgyzstan entirely & just doing Dushanbe to Karakul Lake via Wakhan & back to Dushanbe.

A little bit about me: male, mid-50s, from the US. Serious photographer, culturally curious, and a writer. I'd prefer not to rush through the trip, but instead take time (like 10-15 days) to photograph the landscape, meet people & talk to them. I am interested in the Pamiri culture and I'm hoping to get introduced to some locals prior to my trip. I will end my trip in Dushanbe for an international film festival in mid Oct. (I know a couple of the organizers). There is a chance that a Pamiri local will travel us.

If you're interested, please let me know. Let's see if we can align our itineraries & interests.
0 x

orlac

Re: Osh to Dushanbe early Oct

Post by orlac »

Hi, my dates are very similar, I can arrive in Bishkek around September 23/24. Are you looking for potential companions still - I would be very interested.

I am from the UK, love photography but on a very amateur level! Absolutely culturally curious and am keen to take time to go through the Pamirs at a slow pace. I would also be interested in doing a little hiking and perhaps wildlife spotting.

Feel free to send me a Whatsapp or call me - +44 7538 237977. I am in the UK so may not pick up if it's the middle of the night!

I would be really interested to hear more about this international film festival also.

Orla
0 x

MinneapolisBikerGirl

Post by MinneapolisBikerGirl »

Hello,

I am interested in doing a similar trip during this time. Earliest I could get to Osh is October 5th, but I am not on a time crunch. In fact, I was also hoping to do this trip very leisurely with many stops as a way to enjoy the scenery and get more immersed in the culture. A film festival in Dushnabe also sounds very exciting!

I am a 30-year-old female from the US. Please send me a private message with more details and we can share WhatsApp contacts.
0 x

Arudogs

Post by Arudogs »

I’m looking to do this trip, but would look to arrive in Dushanbe by 9th October. I can leave from Osh any time from 29th September. Feel free to get in touch on WhatsApp +44 7807 630 716
0 x

Stephwood_civeng

Post by Stephwood_civeng »

Hello
Me (34, UK) and my partner Alex (32, Spain) are currently in Kyrg and thinking about getting to Osh in the next 2-9 days for a trip to Tajikistan. Keen to explore and hike and not spend too much time continuously in the car. Do let us know of any further plans and up for a discussion!
Thanks
Steph
0 x

Arudogs

Post by Arudogs »

Hey Steph, your dates and plan seem to align with mined happy to see if we can combine trips!

Feel free to drop me a WhatsApp on +44 7807 630 716
Arman (29, M, UK)
0 x

huyenmeo09

Post by huyenmeo09 »

MinneapolisBikerGirl wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:26 pm
Hello,

I am interested in doing a similar trip during this time. Earliest I could get to Osh is October 5th, but I am not on a time crunch. In fact, I was also hoping to do this trip very leisurely with many stops as a way to enjoy the scenery and get more immersed in the culture. A film festival in Dushnabe also sounds very exciting!

I am a 30-year-old female from the US. Please send me a private message with more details and we can share WhatsApp contacts.
Hi, I'm also plan to get to Osh around 04-05 Oct. I sent private message to you, please help to check
0 x