Leaving Dushanbe 24th September, to Qolma pass, before 1st October

Share a ride on the Pamir Highway
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Please do not share personal contact details in your posts. Get in touch through the personal message system. Your PM stays in your outbox until the recipient logs in again.
3. Posts without a reply for more than 90 days are automatically removed.
4. Please report drivers sending you private messages. It helps us keep this board free from commercial intent.
Blindcapitals

Leaving Dushanbe 24th September, to Qolma pass, before 1st October

Postby Blindcapitals » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:12 am

Hi all - know it's a long shot and short notice, but is anyone leaving Dushanbe along Pamir to China, circa Tuesday 24th September. I'll be heading to Khorog on 24th, and want to be in Kashgar by 1st October. I'll go shared car to Khorog and maybe rent driver from there if no companions.
0 x

StephParis

Re: Leaving Dushanbe 24th September, to Qolma pass, before 1st October

Postby StephParis » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:21 pm

Just to let you know : Dushanbe to Khorog is a very long and unconfortable ride due to bad road (especially after Kalaikum). Go early to the station so you can get a good seat. Third row is horrible. Believe me, I know what I'm saying :)
0 x

Blindcapitals

Re: Leaving Dushanbe 24th September, to Qolma pass, before 1st October

Postby Blindcapitals » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:42 am

Thanks XD - I was thinking of breaking the journey at Kostav. I might end up paying full price for full taxi and hitchhiking from Kostav to Khorog, but I just hate doing those 12+ hour stretches in one go if I can avoid it...
0 x