Ride Share Pamirs -- mid Feb 2020

Share a ride on the Pamir Highway
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Please do not share personal contact details in your posts. Get in touch through the personal message system. Your PM stays in your outbox until the recipient logs in again.
3. Posts without a reply for more than 90 days are automatically removed.
4. Please report drivers sending you private messages. It helps us keep this board free from commercial intent.
Zklausner

Ride Share Pamirs -- mid Feb 2020

Postby Zklausner » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:45 am

Hey guys, dates still TBD but I'll be traveling through the wakhan and Pamirs in February. Hoping to get from khorog to the Chinese border in Kyrgyzstan. Need to cross into China on Feb 19/20. Looking for someone who would want to share costs going along the Pamir highway. Cheers! Zak
0 x

fabio1

Re: Ride Share Pamirs -- mid Feb 2020

Postby fabio1 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:53 pm

Hey Zak,
I am planning my Pamir highway tour in the next months, still not sure about the exact month though. I have heard that usually if it snows too much Wakhan Valley would not be possible to do because of the road closure in February and March, but there is another route to reach Murgab and go to Kyrgyzstan/China Border instead. Have you already booked a tour and do you have any information on the road situations in February? How many days are you planning to travel?
Regards, Fabio
0 x

sarah_thewild

Postby sarah_thewild » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:37 am

fabio1 wrote:Hey Zak,
I am planning my Pamir highway tour in the next months, still not sure about the exact month though. I have heard that usually if it snows too much Wakhan Valley would not be possible to do because of the road closure in February and March, but there is another route to reach Murgab and go to Kyrgyzstan/China Border instead. Have you already booked a tour and do you have any information on the road situations in February? How many days are you planning to travel?
Regards, Fabio

Hi Fabio,

I am a solo female traveler from Belgium (24yo) planning to do the Pamir Highway between April 1st and April 12th from Dushanbe to Osh. Any interest in exploring whether we could do it together?

Cheers,
Sarah
0 x

fabio1

Postby fabio1 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:24 pm

Hey Sarah,
thanks for responding, we can try to arrange the trip, I havent decided on the dates or month yet, is April 1-12 your final trip plan? but still looking around for better deals. Please send me a PM or email [email protected]
0 x

Zklausner

Postby Zklausner » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:26 pm

Fabio -- I'm planning on doing the wakhan from the Afghan side. I haven't planned anything concrete, but multiple contacts have said that the road is passable. My plan is to loop back around to Khorog, and then make my way to Murghob via Bulukul. From there rather than heading north through Kyrgyzstan I think I'll head to Kashgar via the Kulma pass. I have a mate joining me for Afghanistan but I've yet to plan anything as it pertains to the trip on the Pamir highway to the Kulma border. Dates are tentative but I hope to cross into China around February 19, which means I'll probably head out of Khorog on the 16th (depending on transit from afghanistan). At this point I was thinking hitching, but am open for anything.
0 x

Maxime_MapleSyrup

Postby Maxime_MapleSyrup » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:28 am

Hi,
I'm currently looking for a way to go through the Pamirs from Dushanbe or Khorog to Kyrgyzstan (Osh).

I will be available to leave from Dushanbe from February 11, and need to be in Osh on February 20 max (ideally).

It gives me around 10 days to do the Dushanbe/Osh route. I have nothing planned yet, so I am quite flexible on the duration within those dates. I see that you need to leave from Murghab on Feb 16, I don't know if there is an easy way for me to get to Osh from there after but maybe we could share the ride until then!

Give me a sign if you're interested/have any comments haha
0 x

fabio1

Postby fabio1 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:51 am

Hey guys,

Hope all are doing well, hey Zak how is your trip plan going? is the border with China open and passable at the moment? Did you arrange your travel?
0 x

fabio1

Postby fabio1 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:56 am

Maxime_MapleSyrup wrote:Hi,
I'm currently looking for a way to go through the Pamirs from Dushanbe or Khorog to Kyrgyzstan (Osh).

I will be available to leave from Dushanbe from February 11, and need to be in Osh on February 20 max (ideally).

It gives me around 10 days to do the Dushanbe/Osh route. I have nothing planned yet, so I am quite flexible on the duration within those dates. I see that you need to leave from Murghab on Feb 16, I don't know if there is an easy way for me to get to Osh from there after but maybe we could share the ride until then!

Hi how are you? I am doing the Pamir highway with two other people in mid April, finally decided on the trip and found an English speaking driver/guide. I can refer you to the driver who I found through Indy Guide, he is very experienced and knowledgeable about the road conditions, places to visit and things to do (even in the cold ;) ). We have managed to arrange a private traditional music performance for our group at a great price. I will PM you his details.
Regards,
Fabio
0 x

sarah_thewild

Postby sarah_thewild » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:48 am

fabio1 wrote:
Maxime_MapleSyrup wrote:Hi,

Hi how are you? I am doing the Pamir highway with two other people in mid April, finally decided on the trip and found an English speaking driver/guide. I can refer you to the driver who I found through Indy Guide, he is very experienced and knowledgeable about the road conditions, places to visit and things to do (even in the cold ;) ). We have managed to arrange a private traditional music performance for our group at a great price. I will PM you his details.
Regards,
Fabio

Hi Fabio! What dates are you going. My slot would be from April 5th (leaving Dushanbe) to April 13th (Arrival in Osh/Bishkek).

Cheer,s
Sarah
0 x